Senior Manager, Technical Accounting and Reporting job in Cranbury
|Employer:|| Amicus Therapeutics|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
Senior Manager,Technical Accounting and Reporting
Amicus Therapeutics is a global patient-centric biotechnology company engaged in the discovery, development and commercialization of a diverse set of novel treatments for patients living with rare metabolic diseases. The cornerstone of the Company's portfolio is migalastat HCl, an oral precision medicine for people living with Fabry disease who have amenable genetic mutations. Migalastat is currently approved under the trade name GALAFOLD in the European Union and Japan, with additional approvals granted and applications pending in several geographies, including the U.S.
The Senior Manager of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting will report to the Global Controller and be responsible for technical accounting research, ensuring GAAP and SEC reporting requirements are met for significant and/or non-routine transactions, and developing and maintaining global financial policies and procedures. This position will oversee a staff of two and also be responsible to provide strong leadership and technical knowledge for SEC reporting (10K, 10Qs, Proxy, etc). The Senior Manager will also work closely with the business development team to provide accounting support related to strategic transactions and ensuring compliance with GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Senior Manager, Technical Accounting and Reporting is responsible for:
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP, (IFRS and other foreign gaaps for statutory purposes) and SEC reporting requirements
- Overall responsibility for the Company's periodic SEC filings (10Q's, 10K, Proxy, etc) in accordance with the SEC's rules and regulations, including maintaining adequate documentation and support for amounts and statements.
- Evaluation of all significant accounting transactions, research and implementation of new and relevant accounting technical standards, and preparation of technical accounting memos supporting all accounting positions
- Leading the implementation of new technical accounting guidance and training
- Development and implementation of finance and accounting policies as applicable including coordinating feedback amongst various stakeholders across the organization
- Ensuring Company's compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements, including monitoring the execution of financial reporting policies, procedures and controls
- Supporting global accounting, business development, tax, FP&A and other teams by providing advice on the accounting treatment for a wide range of transaction types (e.g., acquisitions, collaboration arrangements, revenue recognition, leases, and debt)
- Assisting with other ad-hoc projects, as needed