Clinical Contracts Manager job in Paramus
|Employer:|| Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA|
|Category:||Research and Development|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
Position Summary :
The Contract Clinical Contracts Manager will report into the Associate Director, Clinical Outsourcing and will support activities related to pharmaceutical clinical business functions. Particular emphasis is placed on contracts (such as CDAs, Consultant Agreements, Services Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Work Orders, Amendments/Change Orders, etc.) for Glenmark Clinical Operations, Bioanalytical, Biometrics, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Sciences, Project Management, Commercial, and other non-clinical line functions. This will include negotiation of budgets. This individual will liaise with internal stakeholders to gain an understanding of the scope of services required in support of various projects.
Key Responsibilities :
Planning & Execution
- Facilitate creation and execution of all contract documents (CDAs, Master Services Agreements, Work Orders, Contracts, Change Orders/Amendments, Consultant Agreements, etc.).
- Manage the review and negotiation of contract terms and partner with Legal, Finance and other internal stakeholders as needed to finalize. Ensure compliance with required corporate financial approval policies prior to contract execution.
- Manage and lead contract and financial negotiations with external service providers
- Manage negotiation of payment terms and schedules, invoice review and required approvals based on contracted activity and spend, tracking to budget/plan, escalation and resolution of payment issues.
- Partner with Finance to ensure service provider invoices are paid on-time.
- Provide support to line functions as it relates to budget forecasting (i.e. accruals vs. actuals).
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to prepare specific contracts needed and submit to prospective vendors.
- Liaise with legal and all other parties as needed.
- Degree in Life Sciences (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Pharmaceuticals) or Business Degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in the pharmaceutical industry with applicable experience; understanding of clinical research terminology, business practice, process, timeline and key budget drivers.
- Previous experience working with clinical research vendors and other key clinical service providers.
- Procurement expertise (clinical research or services).
- Contract management and negotiation experience required (budget and business terms and conditions).
- Understanding of clinical contracting/outsourcing processes supporting R&D in the U.S and abroad
- Flexibility in work hours to communicate in various time zones
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Organizational Skills - ability to balance multiple projects with appropriate prioritization and attention to detail
- Communication Skills - ability to provide clear, concise information to project stakeholders, which may include planning and execution of meetings and presentations
- Computer database and Microsoft Office suite knowledge
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience and confidence working with multiple functional areas and facilitating communication across multiple levels of internal/external teams