Medical Science Liaison-Ophthalmics Mid-West job in Chicago
|Employer:|| Sun Pharma|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Medical Science Liaison is a field based position and will serve as a scientific peer and resource within the ophthalmic medical community, and act as a scientific expert to his/her colleagues. This position will represent Sun Ophthalmics in the areas of IOP-lowering and topical NSAID therapeutics. Additionally, other ocular therapeutics could be added to the portfolio at any time via Mergers/Acquisitions, In-licensing, or Co-promotion agreements. MSLs will primarily identify and engage with a targeted group of national and regional thought leaders/eyecare professionals (ECPs) as well as payers and managed care accounts, providing the consistent delivery of educational and compliant scientific information in support of Ophthalmic products. MSLs will engage with Ophthalmologists and Optometrists who are in clinical practice caring for glaucoma patients, and those actively engaged in cataract surgery and/or post-surgical follow-up. Primary responsibility will be to respond to complex inquiries in a scientific, fair-balanced, compliant manner serving as a critical field medical resource to these ECPs and also, internal SUN Ophthalmics sales and managed markets constituents.
Territory Covers: Illinois
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide field insights and activity updates through regular meetings and other communication channels with the Vice President of Medical and Scientific Affairs.
• Interact with healthcare providers and thought leaders to communicate and advance the scientific platform as aligned with SUN Ophthalmic’s corporate goals and objectives.
• Provide medical information and facilitate scientific exchange in a fair, balanced, and compliant manner and provide clinical/scientific insight and support for Sun Ophthalmics.
• Ensure appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information in a timely, ethical and customer-focused manner.
• Provide disease education as appropriate. Implement clinical and educational strategies in collaboration with colleagues.
• Provide clinical presentations and information in response to unsolicited questions (as appropriate) in academic, community, and healthcare provider settings in both group and one-on-one settings
• Establish, build and maintain relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and other healthcare professions in ophthalmology and optometry.
• Identify and train members of SUN Ophthalmic’s speakers’ bureau and ensure they are updated on new data
• Provide clinical and economic value information to payers and formulary decision makers
• Contribute to the overall strategic focus of the Medical and Scientific Affairs team.
• Serve as a medical resource internally and externally.
• Provide scientific support to scientific group meetings, advisory boards, and other relevant meetings.
• Act as primary liaison to investigators interested in developing and performing investigator initiated research
• Support clinical trials as needed, as well as investigator initiated trials.
• Partner internally with office based medical and commercial colleagues around strategy, messaging and field intelligence
• Participate in the identification and publication of scientific materials
• Align customers’ educational and research needs with available Sun Ophthalmic resources and provide the latest emerging data in response to specific healthcare professional inquiries.
• Seek out opportunities to support the MSL value proposition, achieve results and set an example for others to follow by consistently demonstrating SUN Ophthalmics values and leadership attributes
• Must be a strong team player who can effectively interface with SUN clinical and commercial personnel, as well as aide in training of SUN staff. Doctorate degree required (PharmD, MD, DO, or PhD)
• At least 2 years of experience as an MSL in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry is required.
• Some experience in an ophthalmology MSL role is preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of medicine, treatment guidelines, clinical research processes, customer strategies, and FDA promotional guidelines, regulations, and ethical guidelines applied to the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
• Thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry, FDA requirements and PhRMA code
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, team, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong presentation and education skills; ability to communicate clinical and non-clinical technical information effectively
• Demonstrated project management ability
• Ability to travel up to 60-75%
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications
• Valid driver’s license