Oncology: Area Sales Director , East job in Field
|Employer:|| Sun Pharma|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Inc. is the fourth largest generic pharmaceutical company in the world, and rapidly building brand presence. We manufacture, market and distribute pharmaceuticals to the nation’s largest wholesalers, distributors, warehousing and non-warehousing chain drugstores as well as managed care providers. Our goal is to continue to develop and market quality products that bring value to our customers and ultimately the patient. Current manufacturing capabilities allow Sun Pharma to develop products across most therapeutic categories.
At Sun Pharma we believe our people are an invaluable asset. Our culturally diverse workforce is one of our biggest strengths, along with the rich experience they bring across varied skill-sets. We are proud that our global workforce is bound by our common values:
Humility. Integrity. Passion. Innovation
JOB TITLE: Area Sales Director, Sun Oncology
Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years pharmaceutical/biotech commercial experience with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a front line Sales Leadership role (manager of sales representatives). Additionally, it is preferred to have 3+ years of experience as a Regional, Area, or National Sales Director (leading District Sales Managers or similar), or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in marketing, managed care, commercial operations and/or sales training is a plus. Experience building sales teams/organizations from scratch is a strong plus. Must have exceptional talent selection skills, oral and written communication skills, and be well versed in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel etc.).
This individual must have a passion for building and leading high performing teams that deliver exceptional results. They must have a positive attitude and be adaptable to a dynamic “startup” type of environment without losing focus on business goals. This individual should be a strong and dependable leader who builds trust with their team and is transparent, ethical, and honest. They should also be a master at coaching and presenting detailed scientific subject matter in a clear and understandable fashion.
Sun Oncology is committed to building a world class commercial team of passionate, ethical, and credible professionals that are committed to winning the right way and are accountable to their assigned objectives. We will focus on our customer’s needs and bring them “concierge level” service at all times.
This position is of critical importance, as this individual will be responsible for building a sales organization that is committed to these principles.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES/DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
• Reports directly to the National Sales Director
• Responsible for building and leading a field sales team Works closely with Sales Operations, Marketing, and Management to construct commercial footprint (territory mapping, targeting etc.)
• Responsible for the understanding and utilization of sales reports, CRM, and forecasts
• Responsible for managing Sales budgets
• Responsible for coaching to the sales model and training needs for the sales team in coordination with Sales Training
• Responsible for meeting monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales goals
• Works with Human Resources, and Management to ensure adherence to Sun corporate policies
• Works closely with Sales Training to design and lead POA, Area and National Sales meetings
• Plays an important role in medical conference strategies and oversees field sales participation at national, regional and local meetings
• Leads all area sales activities including personnel matters
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to National Sales Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly manages Oncology Account Managers/Sales Reps
INTERACTIONS WITH OTHERS: Interacts at multiple levels inside and outside the company. Tact, diplomacy, and a high level of professionalism are essential.
TYPICAL CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Leadership of front line managers and aspires to be a National Sales Director