Senior Associate, Import and Export job in Cranbury
|Employer:|| Sun Pharma|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Inc. is the fifth largest generic pharmaceutical company in the world, and rapidly building brand presence. We manufacture, market and distribute pharmaceuticals to the nation’s largest wholesalers, distributors, warehousing and non-warehousing chain drugstores as well as managed care providers. Our goal is to continue to develop and market quality products that bring value to our customers and ultimately the patient. Current manufacturing capabilities allow Sun Pharma to develop products across most therapeutic categories.
At Sun Pharma we believe our people are an invaluable asset. Our culturally diverse workforce is one of our biggest strengths, along with the rich experience they bring across varied skill-sets. We are proud that our global workforce is bound by our common values:
Humility. Integrity. Passion. Innovation.
Position Title: Senior Associate, Import and Export
The Import/Export Associate has oversight responsibility and works without direct supervision to ensure the viability of purchasing and customs clearance administration, and works independently in the administration and management of these programs. Position oversees all imports and exports for the organization.
• Review import documents for accuracy and send to customs broker for filing
• Coordinate for timely release and delivery of shipments
• Create export documentation for all export shipments and send to customer and forwarding agents
• Audit and keep accurate records of import and export shipments
• Create POs and update master data in SAP as required
• Track shipments and generate reports as needed
Essential Job Functions:
• Manage the import and export activities and provide support for the movement of materials for North American Supply Chain
• Maintain records for all import and export documentation
• Coordinate and oversee all international air/sea freight of pharmaceutical products into and from the US.
• Coordinate export shipments from all facilities both domestic and international.
• Schedule delivery of imports and review documentation to ensure accuracy and timely receipt and release of imported products
• Develop daily delivery schedules and in-transit reports
• Develop monthly in-transit reports
• Ensure timely and cost effective deliver of shipments into the distribution center
• Take part in action process improvement initiatives to reduce in-transit times and potential demurrage/storage costs
• Ensure compliance with all government laws and regulations
• Draft correspondence to US Customs and FDA
• Communicate regularly with customs brokers, freight forwarders on status of shipments and troubleshooting any issues causing delays at US Ports
• Communicate with Supply Chain, Operations, Marketing/Sales and other business units on status of inbound and export freight
• Ensure accurate product information is maintained for all imported and exported goods and creating and maintaining product master data in SAP
• Assist in the compiling of required data for CTPAT certification initiative and other import initiatives
• Adhere to the safety and Health Program and associated plans
• Comply with cGMPs
• Issue purchase orders for third party suppliers; both finished goods and service orders
• Issue contracts for third party suppliers
• Arrange pick up and deliveries from third party suppliers
• Attend seminars/training as required to ensure compliance with US Custom and FDA regulations
• Issue month-end reports for Logistics – Supply Chain showing all shipments into our Distribution Center. The reports show the monthly productivity, pallet counts, international shipments and domestic shipments from our suppliers
• Issues the monthly reports which shows the monthly productivity, pallet counts and international shipments
• Obtain all regulatory documentation required for the FDA submissions
• Interact and support all upper management projects.
• Liaison between procurement and the financial departments – cost of goods, timely vendor payment, etc.
• Continue to build strong business relationships with current and new service providers
• Assist with setting up or updating systems and procedures
• Participate and successfully complete all training as required
• The position may or may not have supervisory responsibilities but consistently provides guidance and training to warehouse/operations personnel within the area of responsibility.
• Perform additional tasks and projects as assigned
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Supply Chain, or Pharmacy
Work Experience and Technical Competencies:
• Must have at least several years of recent import experience.
• Must have export and supply chain knowledge.
• Minimum 3 - 5 years of Logistics and/or Brokerage experience with FDA specific customers or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Knowledge of FDA, DEA, USFDA, EPA and US Custom Regulations and how to resolve holds exams and/or detention designated by these government agencies
• Knowledge of the US Harmonized Tariff Schedule and how to apply an HTS number to a product or commodity
• Ability to handle traffic and transportation which includes obtaining competitive rates and services based on our requirements
• Thorough knowledge of Pharmaceutical Import and Regulations essential.
• Experience working on SAP (MM/PP modules) essential
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access) and other applications as applicable, plus the ability to learn company used applications as required
• Must have familiarity with basic accounting procedures and vendor interaction and negotiation experience
• Knowledge of DOT regulations and handling of Hazardous Substance and IATA regulations required
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills
• Possess high level of ethics and integrity
• Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to complete all tasks in an effective and complete manner
• Ability to speak with clarity via telephone and face to face
• The ability to form effective working relationships with coworkers to obtain the required information to complete tasks.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in an office, lab, or manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle and feel and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, push, and bend and perform repetitive motion.
Must be capable of bending and lifting, moving and/or carrying up to 50 pounds.
Ability to navigate office, lab, and/or plant floor working environments, stands, ambulates, and reaches.
Must have the ability to wear applicable personal protective equipment utilized at the site, including but not limited to respirators, safety glasses/goggles, and safety shoes.
Must have English language fluency, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.