Supv, Mfg. Production - ASPEX (1st Shift) job in Fort Worth
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Safety/Housekeeping - Ensure work areas comply with applicable standards (HSE, GMP, etc.), and that associates are working safely.|
• Promote/reinforce company and department HSE standards, through regular communication, training, and reminders.
• Ensure associates work according to established standards and SOPs; engage associates to adjust behaviors as needed.
• Ensure work areas are clean and safe, and audit-ready at all times.
• Continuously monitor work areas; identify, resolve, and report safety hazards.
• Ensure materials are handled and disposed of properly, per HSE standards.
Planning - Set team direction for associates to know what is expected, and why.
• Plan and schedule work activities based on production schedules and changing priorities.
• Communicate Company and Department objectives to team.
• Develop team objectives (people, safety, quality, supply, cost, etc.), and gain agreement from Management.
• Monitor team progress versus objectives versus goals, and communicate results to Associates.
• Monitor, analyze, and control variables, such as labor utilization, raw materials, equipment, and facilities.
Technical - Operate, maintain, and improve production facilities to meet/exceed production goals.
• Ensure that materials required for operation are ordered and available.
• Ensure lines are staffed adequately, and are running to meet production schedule and changing priorities.
• Ensure products are verified according to test procedures and schedules.
• Ensure production information is collected, stored, and reported (e.g, MBRs, test results, logs)
• Ensure maintenance activities are performed to resolve operating problems and preserve assets (inspections and PM).
• Audit production lines, and troubleshoot production variances to identify root causes. Develop short-term resolutions to problems, and assist to identify systemic solutions to prevent problem recurrence.
• Lead team to analyze operational data to identify and implement improvements to safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
• Participate in review, writing, and training of new and revised SOPs and MBRs.
• Assist in validation of all processes and equipment in area of responsibility.
• Lead cross-functional improvement teams.
• Represent Area Manager and assume duties as directed/required.
Team - Provide a positive work environment that engages associates and enables strong performance.
• Hire, train, coach, and evaluate associates.
• Carry out HR activities such as performance appraisals, training, interviewing, counseling, and staff and resource utilization.
• Plan/assign duties, tasks, and overtime to associates according to their KSAs (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities), so that work assignments are carried out timely and effectively.
• Evaluate the performance of associates, and celebrate successes.
• Provide regular encouragement and feedback, both formal and informal.
• Assess the KSAs of individual associates and of the entire team. Ensure training plans and development activities grow KSAs of individual associates, and the overall capability of the team.
• Be attentive to employee needs and concerns. Resolve complaints involving individuals or multiple associates.
• Collaborate with HR to correct performance and behavior problems through counseling and disciplinary action.
• Act as a role model for company values and behaviors
Interfaces - Coordinate with other departments to accomplish objectives
• Collaborate with QA Operations on product release.
• Work with QA, Engineering, and MS&T to troubleshoot production problems.
• Facilitate smooth transition of information between shifts, including accurate and complete exchange of information to other shift teams and supporting departments.Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of directly related experience
The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
2 Years of Relevant Experience
1 Year of Demonstrated Leadership