PCB DFM Engineer NPI job in Irvine
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Building on its heritage of more than 70 years, Alcon, the global leader in eye care, is the second largest division of the Novartis Group with combined pro-forma sales of more than USD 10 billion in 2013. The division was formed by Novartis on April 8, 2011, following the closing of the merger between Alcon and Novartis. The new Alcon Division combines the product portfolios, commercialization capabilities, R&D and talent of Alcon, CIBA VISION and Novartis Ophthalmics. Today, Alcon has more than 25,000 employees with headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A. Alcon's three businesses - Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care - meet the diverse needs of eye care professionals and patients offering the widest spectrum of eye care products with operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets. For more information, visit www.alcon.com.|
The Manufacturing Technical Operations division residing in Irvine, CA specializes in Surgical Instrumentation. Alcon offers the industry's most complete line of ophthalmic surgical products, enabling surgeons to achieve the best results for their patients. Our surgical portfolio includes technologies and devices for cataract, retinal, glaucoma and refractive surgery, as well as advanced technology intraocular lenses (ATIOLs) to treat cataracts and refractive errors, like presbyopia and astigmatism. We also provide advanced viscoelastics, surgical solutions, surgical packs, and other disposable products for cataract and vitreoretinal surgery.
Alcon is currently seeking a PCB DFM Engineer to work on new product introductions (NPI) for the Technical Transfer Group located in Irvine, CA. The Technical Transfer group operates in a matrix organization to transfer designs, products, technologies, equipment, and acquired company assets to the site and where applicable into production at the site.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Acts as the primary contact on the transfer team and ensures that there is sufficient representation from the impacted areas
• Establishes appropriate team roles and responsibilities for activities at the site they represent
• Works with the Core Team and assists in the creation of plans, actively creates technical transfer deliverables
• Engages the MTO and MS&T resources, guides them and coordinates the day to day activities that culminate in a successful transfer of the product, process, or project into the manufacturing environment
• Works closely with R&D, purchasing, planning, line supervisors, quality engineers, and supervises/monitors and completes transfer activities
• Coordinates activities, reviews work product (design, documentation, validations, data) of temporary engineering staff, technical stewards, and validation engineers that are assigned to the product, process, or project being transferred
• Participates in design reviews and engages the appropriate subject matter experts to ensure designs can be consistently manufactured to specification, yield, reliability, and cost.• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of directly related experience
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• 5 Years of Relevant Experience
• BS/MS in Engineering
• 5 years experience in PCB manufacturing, medical device, consumer, automotive or aerospace industry
• 2 years experience in new product introductions/manufacturing/ manufacturing science and technology/technical development/quality/R&D.
• In depth understanding of manufacturing processes and related process equipment
• Strong working knowledge of applied statistics, quality systems and regulatory requirements across multiple health authorities
• 1-2 years of experience in executing process validation, transfer of products from R&D into manufacturing, and working on multidisciplinary teams that include all functions in the manufacturing environment
• Specific experience in PCB manufacturing and design. This person must be able to critique designs for their manufacturability and provide feedback to the team
• Proven project management experience in a cross-functional environment (e.g. multi-site, technical development, other functions)
Our generous benefits package includes the Novartis Investment Savings 401(k) Plan which provides a company contribution of up to 6%. In addition, after one year of service, employees are eligible for the Alcon Retirement Plan (ARP), to which Alcon contributes 6% of eligible pay. By combining the Company's contributions to the 401(k) and ARP, employees can receive up to 12% of eligible pay from Alcon towards retirement. Alcon also offers a premier level of coverage for medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, an on-site fitness center and much more. Consider having all this in a fast paced environment within a stable world-class organization.
- Project Manager, Life Sciences - Boston, MA Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Boston
- Project Manager, Life Sciences - Los Angeles, CA Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Los Angeles
- Maintenance Mechanic Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA Monroe