Global Director Payroll Time & Attendance job in Fort Worth
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Category:||Human Resources - Organizational Development|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
• The main purpose of this position is to implement and manage high quality, centralized, standardized, payroll operations for currently about 20,000 employees worldwide. |
• This position will oversee and manage all relevant operational aspects of payroll services, and is the critical link between the Service Center teams, Global HR, and Business Process Outsource vendors.
• The role's aim is to steer, guide, establish and monitor plans and work programs designed to control aspects of payroll within legislative and internal compliance frameworks and deliver payroll results according to legal and statutory requirements, and with quality and timeliness.
• The position will drive process standardization, automation, and improvement in the area of payroll related controls, and finally, collaborates with different stakeholders to ensure process efficiency and effectiveness end-to-end.
• The position is also responsible for managing the regional payroll leads, as well as collaborating and guiding Service Center payroll leaders
• Oversee across all regions payroll pre- and post-processing to ensure accurate, and timely payroll process completion in compliance with all international regulations and any applicable national requirements; oversees year-end processes
• Ensure standardization of payroll operations during payroll implementations and transitions in the regions (or across regions); acts as process expert in various payroll initiatives
• Maximize the effectiveness of tools and supporting processes to drive continuous improvement and change initiatives
• Own oversight of Payroll Operations to ensure compliance with all corporate and country-specific policies and procedures, and ensure continuous improvement, being up to date on legislation, on new technologies, or on best practices applied
• Maintain oversight of internal and external compliance, and ensure government interaction standards are met
• Partner with global and regional compliance leads to ensure process design supports fiscal and regulatory compliance, ensure payroll audit readiness across all the regions, oversee the timely closure of internal payroll audit related issues, provide guidance regarding controls, and pro-actively share best practices, issues, risks, etc.
• Introduce and monitor standard internal KPIs to ensure high performance of payroll operations, implement required mitigation actions based on internal KPI analysis
• Establish and maintain partnerships and solicit feedback from internal and external business partners to define and develop successful, scalable processes and practices
• Partner with regional HR Services organizations to implement the payroll strategy across regions, and to ensure a successful setup of payroll operations and continuous improvement in this area
• Support the regional HR Services organization in driving appropriate consistent processes across the regions including efforts towards global process standardization while allowing flexibility locally when required
• Key partner and main contact for payroll vendors ensuring effective and efficient service delivery, and serving as an escalation point with regards to the performance of payroll operations Set strategy and policies for Payroll, Time & Attendance function
• Interface with Finance and HR Leadership teams to ensure fiscally responsible policies and procedures
• Supports reporting requirements in Payroll, Time & Attendance functions
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of directly related experience
• Fluent in written and spoken English; other languages an advantage
• 10 Years of Relevant Experience Preferred:
• 5 or more years of managerial experience in a similar senior payroll and payroll tax service delivery role including payroll operations