Strategic Account Manager - Seattle WA/Portland OR- (remote) job in Seattle
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Geographic area for this role is - WA, OR, UT, ID, MT, WY, AK |
The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) is the primary Sandoz promotional contact for assigned accounts and is charged with forging long-term relationships with key decision-makers and influencers. As a member of the Sandoz Biopharmaceuticals Oncology Franchise, SAMs are responsible for optimizing Sandoz access, share and profitability by representing and promoting Sandoz Biopharmaceuticals products to target HCPs and decision makers in assigned accounts. The SAM partners with cross-functional colleagues to develop and execute tailored regional programs that are based on a thorough understanding of the local market drivers and opportunities, are aligned with national brand strategic imperatives, and are compliant with our Code of Conduct and all Sandoz policies and procedures
• Travel by vehicle (and where necessary airplane) in the assigned territory as directed, promptly and efficiently
Creating and Delivering Customer Benefit and Business Results
• Identifies, designs and implements innovative programs that are aligned with national brand strategies to address local issues/opportunities for unmet customer needs
• Uses relevant customer insight to create and execute regional customer level promotional plans with appropriate management review and approvals. Provides support and input to the national brand planning process and brand plan deliverables.
• Educates clinical and business customers on Sandoz Oncology biosimilar products and services.
• Provide information on product clinical data, and device & injection training.
• Conduct Peer to Peer speaker programs as needed to support pull through activities. Identify potential
Thought Leaders/speakers, manage utilization and support content development for speaker programs.
• Identify and manage/staff regional/local Oncology trade shows. Provide support/staffing to National
Oncology Congresses (i.e., ASCO, ASH, SABCS) as needed.
• Work with the HQ teams to provide a voice of the customer point of view on key national projects by participating in Field Input Teams.
Development and Execution of Regional Promotional Programs
• Develops a deep understanding of customer priorities and challenges
o Tracks healthcare market and industry trends, changes in national/regional and local healthcare regulation and competitive landscape
o Utilizes business analyses to uncover performance drivers and opportunities for assigned customers
o Possess a strong understanding of Commercial and government payers, in assigned geographic region
o Demonstrates and applies effective understanding of disease states and therapeutic areas
• Leads the development and execution of regional and customer level promotional programs in collaboration
with cross-functional colleagues to deliver short and long term value for Sandoz
• Monitor the region's execution of promotional plans per KPIs developed in conjunction with Director
Strategic Accounts and Marketing Leadership
• Identify issues/opportunities and bring recommendations to both the Director Strategic Accounts and
• Utilize and manage resources, including information technology, in a judicious and compliant manner to maximize sales and accomplish goals with the appropriate return on investment.
Business Partnering and Influencing
• Gains trust, influences and builds long term relationships
• Proactively partners with Managed Markets Account Team colleagues to address local issues and opportunities
• Communicates with and aligns stakeholders at all levels of the customer organization
Leverages compliance as a business advantage
• Performs all job responsibilities in full compliance with our Code of Conduct, all Sandoz policies, and all applicable laws and regulations
• Acts as a role model for integrity by visibly and consistently acting the values of our Code of Conduct and championing adherence to all Sandoz policiesStrategic Account Manager
• Minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical sales experience, 2 of which
must be in Oncology, Institutional or Specialty sales.
• Qualified candidates must have a demonstrated record of sales success in a community (office) and Institutional setting.
• Experience and a demonstrated record of success in Oncology or Hematology sales is preferred
•Experience and a demonstrated record of success in sales of products covered under a medical benefit (buy and bill) is preferred
•Must be able to promote all products across a diversified portfolio.
• Candidate must be self-motivated, possess a high degree of technical expertise and have exceptional selling skills.
• Demonstrated strategic thinking, ability to balance short and long- term goals.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills required.
• Personal integrity, teamwork abilities, collaboration skills and a customer focus are necessary.
• Must be able to organize and prioritize.
• Computer literacy (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is a must.
•Willingness to travel over a broad geography is required (up to 50% of time).
• Qualified candidates must reside within the open territory and live within a workable geography.
• The ability to work effectively and efficiently in a stressful environment
• Candidate must be properly licensed and able to safely operate and drive an automobile in order to perform field calls on customers; must have a driving record deemed safe by the Company
• Some territories will require regular airline travel and over-night stays in order to perform the essential functions of the job; most will at least require occasional airline travel and over-night stays for training purposes. These are fundamental qualifications for the job.
Jobs like this one
- Associate Director, Systems of Care -Respiratory - Seattle - Remote Novartis Pharmaceuticals Seattle
- Account Sales Specialist-Cardiovascular-Seattle/Tacoma (Remote) Novartis Pharmaceuticals Seattle
- Medical Science Liaison, Benign Hem/Sickle Cell - Northwest - Remote Novartis Pharmaceuticals Seattle
- Project Manager, Life Sciences - Los Angeles, CA Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Los Angeles
- Maintenance Mechanic Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA Monroe
- Project Manager - Chicago, IL Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Chicago