Manager, Specialty Contracting and Analysis job in East Hanover
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
A global healthcare leader, Novartis, has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. It is a pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, and performance driven people. All of this makes Novartis one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.|
Contract preparation and compliance monitoring of Specialty Pharmacy and Institutional contracts for US Pharma, and Oncology, Managed Markets and Patient Services groups.
• Author complex contract documents, including sell side as well as buy side, master services agreements, associated task orders and amendments in support of Specialty Segments. Maintain a high degree of contract drafting accuracy.
• Manage the contracting process from proposal initiation through contract approval; generate initial contract drafts, manage the redlining process, and deliver executable contracts to external customers/vendors.
• Demonstrate effective prioritization to ensure document turnaround times are within agreed-upon timelines.
• Practice extensive cross-functional collaboration with Legal, Patient Services, Managed Markets, Strategic Sourcing and other key stakeholders across NPC to ensure contract language meets the needs of the business and Legal teams.
• Work closely with operational internal stakeholders to ensure seamless transition of the contract from inception to implementation. Anticipate, inform and mitigate barriers to implementation.
• Obtain and upload to the Arrangements Tracking System all required approvals of contract terms and provisions in a timely manner. Ensure all Legal, and Compliance guidelines are met and are reflected in all contracts. Ensure adherence to all aspects of the Specialty Pharmacy contract approval process.
• Maintain the tracking of all document activity and touch points from inception through final execution. Provide regular status reports to internal stakeholders.
• Assist in the development and implementation of department policies and procedures, including Specialty Pharmacy working practice documents.
• B.A./B.S. required, MBA a plus.
• Five years minimum contract drafting experience in pharma/biotech/medical device fields. Prefer experience with Specialty Segments, (SPs, GPOs, LTCs, Distribution), and buy side contracting.
• Expert proficiency in MS Word; proficient in MS Powerpoint, Excel, and Access.
• Strong experience working with attorneys.
• Superior proof reading and organizational skills; detail oriented and self-directed.
• Proven ability to work independently, prioritize workload and manage competing priorities.
• Strong interpersonal skills and customer focus with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across the organization.
• Personal drive to consistently meet or exceed qualitative and quantitative goals