Sr. Manager, Category Procurement - Legal Services job in Fort Worth
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Regional or Global Category Manager (R/GCM) plans and leads the category or sub category across a geographical region. The task is to provide enterprise wide category strategies that align with the overarching Global Category Strategy of the broader category. The Regional or Global Category Manager will have the responsibility and accountability for the sub-category and corresponding P&L impact. The purpose is to ensure a best-in-class support for all business operations ,to realize year-on-year improvements in assurance of supply, service levels, quality, cost, compliance, and innovation in close collaboration with the customers in the business and other supplier/contractor managing entities.|
The position consists of two major types of accountability:
1. Strategic level: Ensure a regional category strategy is in place, aligned to the overarching global strategy and aligned with MTO organization and wider business priorities and objectives across all applicable Alcon business units.
2. Project level: Support MTO project teams in the identification, negotiation, evaluation, contracting and supplier relationship management of suppliers in a high-quality, timely and cost-effective manner.
Strategic Level Define and adapt a regional category strategy in alignment with business stakeholders across corresponding Alcon business units. Seek input from and align with other supply side functions and/or local sourcing organizations. Manage the relationship with key stakeholders in the business to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction and to ensure the category strategy is aligned and understood. Analyze, identify, evaluate, negotiate, select, contract, develop, and maintain a supply base which meets the line functions' need for timely and quality supply of goods and services for the assigned category. Create full spend transparency (spend baselines, KPIs and metrics) Manage key vendor relationships through appropriate programs (e.g. alliance management, supplier relationship management) to enable innovation continuous improvement and cost containment through mutual accountability and trust. Develop, align and implement innovative cost savings and productivity initiatives for the assigned category to support Procurements and business targets.
Project Level Ensure support to the project leaders and cross-functional teams in the selection and management of suppliers and service providers on a project to project basis and link these decisions with the overall global category strategies. Support the business with contracting (negotiation and implementation of frame agreements, services agreements, confidentiality agreements and other agreements) within assigned category and with the help of service centers (if applicable) in compliance with legal, ethical, and procurement standards and protecting trade secrets and IP. Serve as an escalation point for procurement related topics for the project teams and the vendors.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.• University degree or equivalent (e.g. BSc, BA).
• Preferably business/procurement training (CISCP, Strategic Sourcing, Six Sigma etc.).
• Fluent in English.
• Minimum of 7 years directly related experience.
• Profound knowledge of working with suppliers, third parties and external service providers, ideally in pharmaceutical and medical device industry.
• Proven ability to lead and participate in development projects, track record of successful delivering results within cross-functional teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid presentation capabilities to multi levels within and organization from executive to entry level.
• Excellent negotiation skills and profound knowledge to set up supply & service agreements in close cooperation with internal legal departments.
• Excellent team worker in a multidisciplinary environment with strong focus on internal customers and business partners.
• Demonstrated innovative thinking in supplier development and innovation implementation approaches.