Procurement Director, Technical R&D- Vision Care job in Atlanta
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The R&D Category Leader plans and leads the Technical R&D Procurement on a global and divisional level. The task is to provide high value procurement solutions, to support the definition and implementation of global cross-divisional category strategy and to support third party vendor selection, vendor development and performance measurement activities. The purpose is to ensure best-in-class delivery of external services and products in the relevant category for the Alcon Vision Care division to support technical R&D projects and to realize year-on-year productivity improvements, cost savings, and process improvements in close collaboration with the customers in the business.|
1. Building and leading the Vision Care Dev & Supply procurement organization: a) Act at project level - support development project teams in the identification, negotiation, evaluation, contracting and management of 3rd parties engaged in Technical Development projects. b) Act on strategic level above and across projects - in their category management activities 2. Customer Relationship Management maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction - working with Senior Business Leaders to ensure that Category Managers fully understand current and future business requirements and Category Strategies are aligned 3. Support all Vision Care BD&L opportunities from a procurement perspective working in a team environment to assess potential opportunities, benefits and risks to the Alcon business. Ensure appropriate supply robustness and establish the targets ability to appropriately scale to future business needs. a) Support the Global Head of R&D procurement in developing a best-in-class R&D procurement organization with appropriate functional and technical skills. b) Ensure support to the project leaders and development teams in the selection and management of suppliers and service providers c) Drive team to analyze, identify, evaluate, negotiate, select, contract and develop a supply base which meets the line functions' need for timely and quality supply of goods and services used in the development and manufacture of medical devices and chemicals, innovative packaging solutions, and analytical services e) Ensure a contracting process (negotiation and implementation of frame agreements, services agreements, confidentiality agreements and other agreements) for R&D in compliance with Alcon legal, ethical, and procurement standards f) Ensure management of key supplier relationships through appropriate programs (e.g. alliance management, supplier relationship management) to enable innovation and cost containment g) Develop, align and implement innovative category strategies for the assigned categories to help the R&D functions meet their productivity improvement and savings targets h) Align R&D category strategies along the product lifecycle with the ESO/TechOps category strategies. i) Ensure that the Category Management and Supplier Relationship Management processes are followed as key business processes; j) Create spend transparency (spend baselines, KPIs and metrics) 2) Act as the Business Partner to line function stakeholders
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information• University degree or equivalent (e.g. BS or BA, PhD and/or MBA preferred)
• English, other European languages (desirable)
• Minimum of 10 years experience with 7 years of demonstrated leadership.
• Broad technical and medical products development understanding and experience for at least 8 years
• At least 10 years business experience such as procurement, sales or business development. At least 3 years of experience in purchasing.
• Proven ability to manage and develop people
• Proven ability to lead complex projects and deliver results with cross-functional teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with successful presentation capabilities and negotiation skills
• Excellent team work in a multidisciplinary environment with strong customer focus
• Demonstrated innovation in processes / technical approaches