Complaint Analyst - Medical Device job in Irvine
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Building on its heritage of more than 70 years, Alcon, the global leader in eye care, is the second largest division of the Novartis Group with combined pro-forma sales of more than USD 10 billion in 2013. The division was formed by Novartis on April 8, 2011, following the closing of the merger between Alcon and Novartis. The new Alcon Division combines the product portfolios, commercialization capabilities, R&D and talent of Alcon, CIBA VISION and Novartis Ophthalmics. Today, Alcon has more than 24,000 employees with headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A. Alcon's three businesses - Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care - meet the diverse needs of eye care professionals and patients offering the widest spectrum of eye care products with operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets. For more information, visit www.alcon.com.|
Alcon is currently seeking a Technical Associate for the Quality CEE Lab. Technical division located in Irvine, CA. A senior function in the areas of production, test, repair, inspection or quality test of products within the surgical instrumentation and quality organization. The Tech Associate will perform multiple tasks on an assigned cross functional team across multiple product lines within a quality operation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Review and investigate assigned technical and clinically-based customer complaints. Document clear and robust investigation results per established procedures and timelines.
• Develop and streamline complaint technical writing processes to aid in cycle time reduction.
• Support technical investigation of customer returned nonconforming material.
• Assist complaint intake group through review and verification of initial complaint coding.
• Monitor field product performance through evaluation and trending of customer complaints and service calls.
• Support and coordinate product/process improvements through collaboration with cross-functional teams (Quality, Manufacturing, R&D, Supply Chain, Finance, etc.).
• Ensure compliance with the company's Quality System policies and procedures and applicable external requirements (FDA, ISO 13485, other worldwide regulatory agencies as pertaining to medical devices).
• Experience in manufacturing inspection, repair, test, or quality with demonstrated hands-on electromechanical testing preferred within a medical device industry
• Able to work with electromechanical systems, lasers, and intricate circuitry
• Able to work with standard cleaning agents and solvents required for the cleaning and decontamination of returned samples• High School Diploma or equivalent
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand, and communicate in English
• 1 year of relevant experience
Our generous benefits package includes the Novartis Investment Savings 401(k) Plan which provides a company contribution of up to 6%. In addition, after one year of service, employees are eligible for the Alcon Retirement Plan (ARP), to which Alcon contributes 6% of eligible pay. By combining the Company's contributions to the 401(k) and ARP, employees can receive up to 12% of eligible pay from Alcon towards retirement. Alcon also offers a premier level of coverage for medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, an on-site fitness center and much more. Consider having all this in a fast paced environment within a stable world-class organization.