GDO Portfolio Director (Clinical Trial Risk Management) job in East Hanover
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Category:||Research and Development|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
The Novartis Global Development Organization Unit Portfolio Management Director is an influential leader with an in-depth and thorough understanding of drug development, line function operations, strategic prioritization, out-standing portfolio management skills and experience, with a well-established track record of organizational leadership and portfolio deliver, in order to: Drive coordinated cross-functional alignment to ensure optimal delivery of operational and strategic portfolio priorities for assigned Development Unit Portfolio(s). Act as an integrator across functions to ensure organizational leadership, robust cross-functional partnering, and matrix working with Development Unit-aligned group of functional leaders (GDO, and other).
1. Provide a franchise strategic operational review of integrated clinical development plans (IPDs/CDPs) summary; influences and guides in portfolio management. Active engagement in operational strategy to manage portfolio risks within the Development Unit(s) as-signed with the accountable function
2. Provide support for the strategic decision making and operational delivery, quality, compliance and timeliness of all Development Unit deliverables within assigned asset(s) with Line Function Franchise Head
3. Drive and chair cross-functional Development Unit Portfolio Review via regular and ad hoc meetings. Through negotiation and influence, facilitates and aligns with cross-functional leaders in operational planning ahead of forthcoming drug development key milestones
4. Drives business efficiency, stays current, anticipate internal and external drivers, and opportunities to implement cross-functional strategies to maximize productivity and efficiency through use of global corporate standards, development and utilization of strategic alliances with external partners
5. Leads / participates cross-functional/cross-divisional strategic initiatives to drive the GDO/GDD organization's innovation and quality
6. Proactively analyses trends, manages potential risks and provides mitigations plans for assigned Development Unit(s) as regards operational delivery of the GDO portfolio of projects.
7. Is responsible for applying standard, robust portfolio management techniques for managing GDO portfolio priorities. These may include creation of integrated project planning templates, risk management templates, as applicable
8. Serves as a subject matter expert on Portfolio Management principles and techniques and as a resource to train individuals and teams on robust Portfolio Management methodologies
9. Member of the GDO Portfolio Management team: Ensures the processes and services align across franchises in driving success and achieving business and drug development key milestones
10. Work independently and able to deputize for the Global Head, GDO Portfolio Management, on reporting of program progress/issues to the GDO LT
11. Provides input on the performance of team and team members for assessment and re-view purposesEducation: Bachelor degree in life science and/or Bachelor degree in business with 7 - 10 years drug development or equivalent or experience working in the pharmaceutical industry.
Language: Excellent English skills required (oral & written)
1.10+ years industry experience
2.7+ years multi / cross functional international leadership experience
3. Advanced understanding of the drug development process and programs with experience in clinical development and submission activities.
4. Proven delivery of large scale portfolio management
5. Well-established track record for strong organizational leadership.
6. Provide thought-leading insights to the competitive environment and internal partner interfaces
7. Model natural leadership characteristics in harnessing and managing a diverse business
8. Track record of expert skills in leading through global leaders and leading global multi-functional organization to a shared vision and a common goal
9. Outstanding skills to facilitate/optimize contribution of team members as individuals and members of cohesive team
10. Outstanding negotiation, excellent influence and communication skills, able to naturally bridge scientific and business participants;