Technical Associate VI – Manufacturing job in Irvine
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Building on its heritage of more than 70 years, Alcon, the global leader in eye care, is the second largest division of the Novartis Group with combined pro-forma sales of more than USD 10 billion in 2013. The division was formed by Novartis on April 8, 2011, following the closing of the merger between Alcon and Novartis. The new Alcon Division combines the product portfolios, commercialization capabilities, R&D and talent of Alcon, CIBA VISION and Novartis Ophthalmics. Today, Alcon has more than 25,000 employees with headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A. Alcon's three businesses - Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care - meet the diverse needs of eye care professionals and patients offering the widest spectrum of eye care products with operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets. For more information, visit www.alcon.com.|
The Manufacturing Technical Operations division residing in Irvine, CA specializes in Surgical Instrumentation. Alcon offers the industry's most complete line of ophthalmic surgical products, enabling surgeons to achieve the best results for their patients. Our surgical portfolio includes technologies and devices for cataract, retinal, glaucoma and refractive surgery, as well as advanced technology intraocular lenses (ATIOLs) to treat cataracts and refractive errors, like presbyopia and astigmatism. We also provide advanced viscoelastics, surgical solutions, surgical packs, and other disposable products for cataract and vitreoretinal surgery.
Alcon is currently seeking a Technical Associate VI - Manufacturing. The Technical Associate is responsible for assembly, alignment and testing of optical and/or mechanical components. Also, assists and interacts with Manufacturing Engineers, Product Line Supervisors, Production Leads etc., as directed by the Manufacturing Manager increase output, increase quality levels, improve efficiency, reduce downtime, and eliminate waste.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Mechanical assembly, optical alignment, and soldering of optical assemblies in accordance with written procedures and drawings
• Perform testing of optical components, optical subsystems, and completed assemblies
• Troubleshoot assembly and or supplier quality problems including problems with alignment, or failed testing or performance requirements
• Rework assemblies as required to meet specifications
• Fill out routers, test data sheets, and tracking documentation
• Perform complex testing tasks including automated and manual measurements using various optical, electrical and mechanical test equipment
• Maintain alignment / assembly / test station equipment.
• Organize and keep tidy assembly stations and test stations
• Suggest corrections to assembly procedures, test procedures, and other manufacturing and engineering documentation
• Support R&D with special project assembly and test
• Promotes company's mission and values
• Supports the Alcon Quality Management System
• Supports good health and safety practices
• Supports other departments as required
• Other duties as assigned by Management• High School Diploma or equivalent
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• 1 Years of Relevant Experience
• Certificate or 2-year technical degree related to Photonics Technology highly desirable.
• Computer literate, able to use Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Experienced in small opto-mechanical fabrication, optical alignment, hand soldering, rework, and operation of optical test equipment.
• Able to read procedures, mechanical drawings, and system diagrams.
• Good team member with a positive attitude and works well with others.
• Comfortable working under pressure to tight deadlines on a daily basis.
• Experience with assembling optical components and systems.
• Experience identifying, inspecting, and qualifying materials for manufacturing optical components
• Experience in aligning laser and optical components in system per technical specifications.
• Use centering detector and beam targets to ensure that laser spot is on target.
• Operate, maintain, and calibrate optics manufacturing and testing equipment
• Conduct optical metrology inspections and measurements for in-process work and final distribution
• Perform scratch-and-dig test
Our generous benefits package includes the Novartis Investment Savings 401(k) Plan which provides a company contribution of up to 6%. In addition, after one year of service, employees are eligible for the Alcon Retirement Plan (ARP), to which Alcon contributes 6% of eligible pay. By combining the Company's contributions to the 401(k) and ARP, employees can receive up to 12% of eligible pay from Alcon towards retirement. Alcon also offers a premier level of coverage for medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, an on-site fitness center and much more. Consider having all this in a fast paced environment within a stable world-class organization.
- Project Manager, Life Sciences - Los Angeles, CA Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Los Angeles
- Maintenance Mechanic Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA Monroe
- Project Manager - Chicago, IL Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Chicago