Manager, BPA job in East Hanover
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
A global healthcare leader, Novartis, has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. It is a pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, and performance driven people. All of this makes Novartis one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.|
Support the US Neuroscience Business Unit by providing financial and analytical support for overall fi-nancial performance management
• Manage month-end close analysis and activities in partnership with BU Marketing teams on outlook estimates related to Net Sales and Brand Resources. Proactively communicate issues, plans and changes in forecast to BU Finance, Associate Director.
• Develop Monthly/ Quarterly Business Review decks, update Monthly Rolling P&L forecast and manage Risk and Opportunities dialogue in partnership with BU Finance Associate Director.
• Design and maintain early warning systems for revenue and expense tracking, ensuring accurate advance warning for brand financial results. Draw on best practices to embody a high performance, cross-functional culture throughout supported functions.
• Meet monthly with marketing teams to review budgets, actuals, trends, business needs and oppor-tunities. In addition, quarterly reconciliations with agencies.
• Support Five Year Strategic Planning and Budget/LF process. Liaise with Sales and Marketing teams, Commercial Analytics, Managed Markets Finance, BU Finance, and Corp Planning to meet overall Neuroscience process and timeline.
• Interact with Sales and Marketing teams to provide analysis, presentations and recommendations as needed. Contribute to departmental or ad-hoc initiatives, as needed.
• Ensure promotional resources are available and managed efficiently in line with US Neuroscience strategy, including challenging reductions if appropriate.
• Maintain strong knowledge of all relevant compliance policies (i.e. Code of Conduct, CIA, Data Privacy, SOX, etc.) and ensure compliance in all job activities. Ensure proper accounting of expense and revenue recognition for the business.
• Actively support the interaction between BPA and clients, maintaining a constructive working partnership.
• Bachelor's or equivalent 4-Year University degree, preferably in Finance or related field. MBA preferred
• 3-5 years finance experience, preferably in Pharmaceuticals. BPA experience is preferred
Skills & Competencies
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including ability to communicate financial information to non-finance groups
• Experience collaborating in a cross-functional team environment
• Demonstrated ability to develop long term relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excel power user and experience with BPC; knowledge of SAP BW a plus
• Understanding of the US pharmaceutical industry and external factors impacting the market
- AS&T Principle Analyst (ASPEX) Novartis Pharmaceuticals Fort Worth
- Computational Biologist / Bioinformatics Data Scientist Novartis Pharmaceuticals Cambridge
- Bioinformatics Scientist / Computational Biologist / Data Scientist Novartis Pharmaceuticals Cambridge