Materials Control Driver - 3rd Shift job in Fort Worth
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
• Perform safe routine maneuvering techniques of dispatched trailers into loading and unloading zones/constrained spaces. |
• Perform vehicle inspection for mechanical and safety issues notifying the shift supervisor of items encountered
• Strictly adhere to applicable traffic laws driving cognizant of all weather and road conditions.
• Safely yield the right-of way to pedestrians at all times providing warning by horn, warning signal and warning lights
• Daily monitor and replenish fuel as necessary
• Troubleshoot and fix minor problems with line/equipment, alerting maintenance or supervisors as needed
• Ability to train on and operate a fork lift as needed. Team • Collaborate with co-workers sharing knowledge and experience to meet business objectives and enhance team capability
• Adapt schedule to flexible work hours
• Sponsor/train coworkers who are new to the team
• Be flexible with respect to job assignments, work schedules and overtime • Behave in accordance with company values and behaviors Interfaces
• Coordinate with other shift drivers to ensure smooth transition and execution of work assignments
• Communicate and work with Leasing agencies for truck maintenance to resolve problems with equipment
• Exchange accurate and complete information with supervisor, other shifts, and other departments Safety/Housekeeping
• Follow department and company safety guidelines
• Perform duties in accordance with Health, Safety, and Environmental standards
• Perform routine Near Miss applications on the HSE portal of the intranet reporting safety hazards or unsafe behavior
• Keep truck secure upon shift end, clean and free of hazards, vehicle leaks and dangerous conditions Planning
• Verify warehouse and production schedule to determine and adjust activities according to production priorities
• Ensure that materials/components/supplies needed for daily operations are available
• Coordinate work activities with warehouse coworkers, making good use of any downtime between dispatched trailer moves• High school diploma, or equivalent (e.g., GED) Bachelor's degree (preferred) Fluent English Licenses
• Commercial Driver's License (CDL) W/ Hazmat (Required)
• High degree of mechanical aptitude
• Able to function in a team environment
• Able to function in a fast paced machine environment
• Able to operate computerized equipment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Considerable physical activity including, climbing, lifting, pulling, pushing, walking, stooping.
• Position requires learning to operate a lift jack and/or forklift to move materials and supplies.
• Regular and punctual attendance, including availability to work unscheduled overtime until product is finished.