IT Support Specialist job in San Diego
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation (GNF) located San Diego, CA is seeking an IT Support Specialist that provides primary customer service and technical support for our scientists and administration who are committed to pushing the boundaries of science in pursuit of new medicines. The successful candidate will be immersed in a collaborative team of driven individuals to support the company's mission. This includes supporting end-user specific needs such as network, hardware, printers, office equipment, and software among others. You will be assisting end-users via telephone and using remote control software to access their computers for troubleshooting, as well as desk-side support for computer maintenance, training and upgrades. This role will also serve as an interface between the Institutes end-user community and Department of Information Technology support staff.|
• Exercise good judgment in prioritizing requests and escalating them to the next level of support where necessary.
• Utilize Service Desk Management tools to gather information, log and track incidents/problems and record resolutions. Add clear and concise documentation for data entry to knowledge base as new problem resolutions are discovered. Apply technical experience and logic to assist customers with incident and problem resolution.
• Utilize Asset Management tools to change asset associations when performing equipment location changes.
• Build and install client and lab computer systems or upgrading existing supported GNF computer equipment.
• Provide troubleshooting and repair of general office equipment, telephones, printers, copiers, etc.
• Provide input toward processes and procedures and trouble shooting documentation for end-user community and knowledge base.
• Provide support for video conferencing and audio visual systems.
• Utilize mobile device management tools within an Apple ecosystem.Qualifications:
• Prefer individual with an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business or significant related work experience and enthusiasm can be used as a substitute.
• 3 years experience in a technical end user support field in a corporate environment.
• 3 years experience with the configuration and troubleshooting of desktop operating systems, hardware and mobile devices in a business environment.
• Experience in large 1000+ user environments.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and experience with multiple diagnostic tools.
• Strong communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with automated software deployment products, Remote Control Software
• Experience using and extending the Symantec Altiris suite of products
• Active Directory, Citrix, Unix, Linux and Mac, computer network experience
• Microsoft Office suite including Outlook - Exchange email, calendar and database knowledge
• Biotech experience
- Project Manager, Life Sciences - Los Angeles, CA Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Los Angeles
- Maintenance Mechanic Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA Monroe
- Project Manager, Life Sciences - Boston, MA Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Boston