Logistics Management Specialist job in Morris Plains
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.|
** This is a Wednesday - Saturday or Sunday - Wednesday Second Shift position. All candidates must be available to work at least one weekend day per week and in addition to evening hours**
• Accurate/timely data entry
• Provides on the floor training/re-enforcement of lean principles
• Proficient in various operating systems, including but not limited to TRACKWISE, ESOPs, LIMS, SAP, etc.
• Follow-up communication to resolve outstanding issues with internal and external customers.
• Coordination of shipping, receiving, storage and processing of goods. May include im-ports/exports.
• May play a role on the Site Material Review Board working closely with Site Finance team.
• Lead teams to assure inventory accuracy.
• Load and unload trucks using industrial equipment.
• Inspect and verify material, labels and documents for completeness and accuracy
• Transfer material to proper storage areas
• Work with maintenance staff scheduling PM's for the warehouse equipment.
• Ability to operate all applicable warehouse computer systems
• Be able to cross train in other warehouse and final product shipping functions
• Be able to record neat and accurate documentation
• Actively participate and support all site and team projects and initiatives
• Act in accordance with Novartis values and behaviors
• Complete applicable required job specific training, cGMP, HS&E, Dangerous Goods, etc.
• Support the ordering of warehouse supplies.
• Coordinate the pickup and destruction of both Non-hazardous waste and hazardous waste
• Departmental SME, representing department and participating in customer and internal tours
• May require to work on shifts covering daytime / evening and one or both weekend days.
• Familiar and capable of using MS office suiteHigh School diploma or equivalent, College degree preferred.
Strong Communication Skills - Written and Oral
3+ yrs in Distribution, Warehousing, Manufacturing experience in a regulated industry