Principal Scientist - Chemistry and Formulations job in Fort Worth
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Category:||Research and Development|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The purpose of this role is to support the Alcon Surgical Diagnostic and Solution product portfolio through efficient, effective and innovative science and solutions..|
• Plans, conducts and provides R&D post-production support for activities with various levels of importance and difficulty where the complexity of problems requires application of advanced technical knowledge.
• Ensure adequacy of technical documentation to latest standards and regulations to support product registration.
• Functional specialist with deep technical know-how responsible to plan, execute and deliver technical solutions, data and documentation.
• Delivers effective and efficient data-based technical solutions based on product, packaging and process data, state-of-the-art standards and regulations, internal and external data.
• Accountable to provide effective and efficient records and documentation to support Alcon Surgical pharmaceutical products to maintain or expand production, registration and market share.
• Ensures documentation complies with quality system requirements and supports product registration; defend technical documentation during audits.
• Investigate quality issues, lead root-cause-investigations and/or CAPA, and resolve technical issues as appropriate.
• Responsible to make short-term impact decisions and to recommend longer-term solutions with appropriate managerial support.• Bachelors of Science degree with 5+ years of related experience in small molecule chemistry or life sciences Ability to fluently read, understand, write and communicate in English
• 5 Years of Relevant Experience in pharmaceutical solution development including late stage and post-production support.
• Experience in one or more areas of pharmaceutical product manufacturing including instruments, reagents, packaging or software;
• Demonstrated experience working in a cross functional team.
• Experience in Medical Devices is preferred but not required.
• Root-cause investigation or CAPA resolution is a preferred but not required.
• Advanced degree is preferred but not required.