Buyer / Planner Associate job in Morris Plains
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.|
The Buyer/Planner Associate will support the global Supply Chain Operations (SCO) network for Cell & Gene by executing the tactical buying and planning of global raw materials, plant resources and order management to ensure delivery performance level. Responsible for the analysis and management of supply chain operations KPIs. Also responsible for supply chain master data management and labeling logistics operations.
• Establish an optimal supply plan of materials to ensure customer service level, production capabilities, inventory level and operational cost according to budget.
• Responsible for timely order fulfillment including organization and management of physical shipment of goods in collaboration with International Trade Management and Transportation companies.
• Maintain supply chain KPIs and supplier performance management
• MRP Optimization and maintenance of planning & master data parameters (i.e. MOQ, Lead Times, order frequency) setting for active assortment in close collaboration with local master data mgt.
• Serve as supply chain representative on global supplier relationships teams with CMOs and strategic suppliers
• Ensures transparency and priorities of orders along with reliable and continuous supply at minimum inventory levels
• Collaboration with internal functions (Procurement, QA, MS&T and TRD) for planning of supply, validation and development activities.
• Review performance with suppliers, including the proactive identification and implementation of improvements to enhance production schedule and customer service while improving cycle times
• Ensure the availability of all necessary raw materials to support production activities. Maintain key supplier performance measurements, including extensive understanding of complex contract terms and measuring whether supplier performance is meeting those terms
• Utilize SAP, BI and other reporting software to inform upper management of current and projected disruptions in the external supply site
• Ensure the implementation of and compliance with Novartis policies and procedures, strategy and standards, NFCM requirements, GMP requirements, transportation compliance, customs/ VAT, controlled substance requirements and defined BCPRequired:
• Associate's Degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Business, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research required
• Minimum 1 year of planning or buying experience in a GMP and FDA regulated environment
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical principles and supply chain practices
• Must have basic MRP (Material Resource Planning) knowledge and exposure
• Must have hands-on experience working with SAP (or similar systems)
• Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain/Logistics, Business, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research preferred
• APICS Certification strongly desired
• Experience working in a pharmaceutical buyer/planner function highly preferred