Medical Science Liaison, Benign Hematology/Sickle Cell - NE - Remote job in Boston
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Category:||Research and Development|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Novartis is recruiting for a Medical Science Liaison to cover the following territory: Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont, Northern New York|
Preferred location is Boston, MA
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. This pipeline consists of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. This makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
The MSL is expected to demonstrate therapeutic expertise, understand territory/market influences, engage scientifically with HCPs and medical experts, manage and develop their territory and execute all administrative duties - while functioning within the Novartis Code of Conduct, Ethics/Compliance policies and Working Practice documents. Customer engagements may include but not be limited to: emerging data discussions, clinical trial and pipeline discussions, medical insights, responding to unsolicited requests, disease and adverse event education. This role is field based - with the expectation that the MSL will be in the field and customer facing the majority of the time to achieve performance/business objectives.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will establish and build peer to peer relationships and engage with HCPs (including community physicians, pharmacists, medical experts, nurses, and other healthcare professionals). The MSL will be responsible for building relationships and engaging in peer to peer level scientific discussions around emerging data, treatment guidelines, molecular pathways, mechanism of action (MOA) of Novartis products including molecular testing and diagnostics, clinical outcomes and research opportunities. The role will also include identification of potential sites for company sponsored clinical trials as well as to gain patient referrals to open sites, in all stages of development and to serve as a scientific liaison to the medical/scientific community responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining peer-to-peer relationships with HCPs within the coverage area; ensure the appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information regarding marketed and pipeline compounds, in a timely, ethical and customer-focused manner; implement scientific and educational strategies in collaboration with colleagues from Medical Affairs and Clinical Operations to support Novartis-sponsored trials, investigator initiated research, and educational initiatives; work to pair our key customer's educational and research needs with available Novartis resources aligned with Novartis strategy, and also provide the latest emerging data in response to specific healthcare professional inquiries.• Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
• Advanced degree required; doctoral degree preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of clinical medicine, disease management, and medical research is necessary, clinical research and oncology experience required as well as demonstrated knowledge of GCP practices and standards.
• Minimum of 3 years Field Medical or Hematology experience preferred.
• Experience with Sickle Cell Disease highly preferred.
• Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
• Must possess a thorough understanding of the FDA, OIG, HIPPA, PhRMA Code and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry, to ensure compliance with these external as well as internal guidelines and standard operating procedures.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills are required
• Strong personal integrity, teamwork abilities (including ability to network) and a customer focus are necessary.
• Able to prioritize and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
• Must have the ability to gain medical insights, uncover business opportunities for Novartis and leverage internal resources to meet customer needs aligned with Novartis strategy
• Must be a strong team player who can effectively work cross-functionally in a matrix environment, including collaboration with clinical and commercial personnel as necessary.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and associated hardware is required.
• A valid US Driver's License and a good driving record are required.
This is a field based, customer facing position that is associated with approximately 60-70% travel.