Manager, Project Management job in Princeton
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Category:||Research and Development|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
The Project Manager is directly responsible for the planning and execution of all project related activities carried out within their assigned areas of responsibility. This includes working directly with a cross-functional team across Business Development and Licensing (BD&L), Regulatory Affairs (RA), Product Development (PD), Analytical Development (AR&D), Clinical Development (CD), Quality Assurance (QA), Medical Affairs (MD), Intellectual Property (IP) and Manufacturing Science & Technology (MS&T) to evaluate all development related aspects of new product acquisition and in-license opportunities, using their own knowledge and experience.|
Responsibilities include all aspects of project management processes from Development Due Diligence to Filing Acceptance (e.g. project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, and closing), including full understanding of project business cases
• Facilitates problem-solving & decision-making with respect to project deliverables and meeting timelines
• Works with functional heads to resolves resource issues, escalating to higher management as needed
Planning, initiating and managing development due diligence for potential US BD&L deals. Spearhead a Core-Team consisting of PjM, Scientific Affair, Regulatory, Clinical Development, Quality and other key supporting groups. Upon completion of Development Due Diligence, a compiled assessment is provided to the US BD&L and Product Development SEC Members to support the CAR approval process.
• Facilitates timelines/tasks/requests from project teams and other cross-functional departments. Follows up with team members to ensure timely deliverables (eg. major milestones, cost and scope).
• Focuses on proactive planning to manage risk, remove barriers and meet goals.
• Manages project Budgets, Contract Milestones and Spend and provide updates on a monthly bases.
• Evaluates team members (with function heads); provides input for functional employee evaluations
• Performs data-entry function on project timelines, project status report and management dashboard.
• Fully understand business cases including competitive landscape, clinical requirements, and other potential external factors which may derail the project.
• Good understanding of Device Development for Combination products.
• Ensure smooth transition of project from Development phase to Launch/Commercialization Phase (from Development PM to Launch PM).
Responsible for facilitating decision-making within project teams:
• Provides input on functional support; coordinates with other leaders to plan support
• Arbitrates decision-making when project team cannot reach consensus
escalating major unresolved issues to higher management
• Facilitates meetings and keeps them effective by defining concise agendas, acting as a timekeeper, summarizing action items and maintaining records (minutes)
• Communicates all pre-defined events to team members and other stakeholders according to communication plan• BS in relevant field
• Strong leadership to execute projects and develop people
• Project and Team management skill to optimize resources to deliver results
• Ability to synthesize and communicate to senior management
• Ability to identify and manage risk; able to make decisions under risk
• Able to lead effective problem solving
• Able to identify issues requiring escalation
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Project / Gantt Charts
• Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
• Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
• Seeks consensus but makes decisions
• Integrates outcomes across functions
• Creates urgency and rapid & creative problem solving environment
• Leverages support from senior management when required
• In depth knowledge of generic industry is essential.
• 3+ years of Development Project Management experience and 5 + years' experience in pharmaceutical environment.
• Experience in Complex Generics and 505(b)(2) is a PLUS
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) for bridging across diverse cross functional, multi-national, geographically dispersed teams.
• Demonstrated track record of success working on an international multidisciplinary drug development team, preferably in a complex matrix environment.
Jobs like this one
- Senior Project Manager, Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Women’s Health (NOW) Covance, Inc. a division of LabCorp® Princeton
- Project Manager, Oncology Covance, Inc. a division of LabCorp® Princeton
- Senior Project Manager, Oncology Covance, Inc. a division of LabCorp® Princeton