In Vitro Pharmacology Investigator, Respiratory Diseases job in Cambridge
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Category:||Research and Development|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research is seeking an innovative scientist to join the Drug Discovery Core group in the Respiratory Diseases Department. The successful candidate will work in an interdisciplinary group that builds exploratory respiratory efforts into vibrant drug discovery projects. She/he will generate significant scientific results for projects, with a proven ability to recognize and leverage innovative technologies. She/he will lead teams that interface with other laboratories in the Respiratory Disease department and platform groups across NIBR (eg. Chemical Biology & Therapeutics, Global Discovery Chemistry, PK sciences, Pre-clinical Safety, etc.) to bring forward development candidates for transformative therapies in respiratory disease.Minimum requirements|
* A Ph.D. degree in biological chemistry, biochemistry, or molecular with 5+ years of experience in drug discovery with a demonstrated drug hunter mindset.
* Proven expertise in phenotypic, cellular, and/or biochemical assay development, focused screening, and LMW hit validation.
* Laboratory experience in high content assays, novel biochemical screens, biophysical characterization, enzymology, and/or electrophysiology would be desirable.
* Knowledge of respiratory diseases (asthma, COPD, IPF) considered advantageous.
* Ability to lead projects including formulation of key scientific questions, execution of decision-making flow charts, and navigating through scientific challenges.
* Experience establishing and developing internal and external collaborations.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to mentor other scientists, and to influence key stakeholders.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Project Manager, Life Sciences - San Francisco, CA Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") San Francisco
- Project Manager, Life Sciences - Boston, MA Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Boston
- Project Manager - Chicago, IL Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. ("IPM") Chicago