Respiratory Sciences Discovery Biology Investigator job in Cambridge
Vacancy has expired
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Category:||Research and Development|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research is seeking an innovative scientist to join the Discovery Biology group in the Respiratory Diseases Department. The successful candidate will work in an interdisciplinary group that develops and applies cutting edge technologies to identify new therapeutic targets, to dissect human biology, and address key unmet medical needs associated with respiratory diseases. She/he will lead a team within the Respiratory Discovery Biology group that interfaces with other groups across NIBR to develop transformative therapies for respiratory indications with high unmet medical need.|
* A Ph.D. degree in cell biology, developmental biology, or molecular biology with 3+ years post-doctoral experience in cell biology and/or related areas.
* Extensive experience with primary human and rodent epithelial cells, both in vitro and in vivo.
* Experience with mouse and human cell-based assays, including three-dimensional culture models, flow cytometry expertise, and other functional assays.
* Experience with cutting-edge profiling technologies such as single-cell RNA-seq is desirable.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally.
* Experience with bioinformatics tools associated with molecular profiling (e.g., RNA-seq) would be beneficial.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* A proven track record in the fields of cell biology and/or developmental biology demonstrated by authorship on high-impact, peer reviewed publications.
* Drug discovery experience desirable but not required.