Director, Global Oncology Access Product Lead - GAPL - Breast job in East Hanover
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Category:||Sales and Marketing|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
Responsible for the development and execution of the health economics/outcomes research, pricing and market access strategies for specific compounds/indications within a disease franchise, ensuring alignment with program and brand strategies in order to optimize brand value and market access. |
• Responsible for the development and execution of the health economics/outcomes research, pricing and market access strategies for specific compounds/indications within a disease franchise, ensuring alignment with program and brand strategies in order to optimize brand value and market access.
• For products entering full development prior to regulatory approval, establish an understanding of the burden of disease, unmet need, and work with the RWE Director on a plan for evidence generation to support the value of the product in clinical, economic and humanistic terms to optimize pricing and reimbursement. For in-line brands, support and enhance product value propositions.
• Be accountable for the Market Access & Payer perspective being appropriately reflected (integrated) in the overarching product development, medical affairs and commercial strategy. Represent Market Access & Payer perspective on the Global Disease Teams (GBT) and Global Program Teams (GPT).
• Provide the health economics, pricing, reimbursement and market access perspectives in compound-specific strategic documents such as the clinical development plan and trial designs and protocols. This input will include considerations such as endpoint selection, trial design, comparator choice, and regulatory strategy. Incorporate Regional/Local input.
• To work with the PRO Director to develop and implement the PRO strategy for each compound/indication, including input into analysis plans, and if necessary, preparation of a PRO dossier to support PRO regulatory filing. Provide health economics input on LCM, indication sequencing, regulatory strategy, ATC code application, manufacturing, formulation, BD&L, etc.
• Lead the development of the global pricing strategy and ensure alignment with global brand team and market access in the top 9 countries and 3 regions.
• Develop comprehensive global tools such as global value dossiers, health economic models, publications, etc. to ensure pricing and market access.
• Design and implement health economics and outcomes research and accompanying publication plan, including research stemming from trial data as well as original outcomes research/evidence as needed from a variety of sources such as patient-level databases, surveys, and medical affairs studies.
• Assist country affiliates in their reimbursement negotiations by integrating country-specific needs into the pricing and HE strategy, and by preparing other relevant information such as training on global materials and pricing and negotiation workshops.Bachelors or Masters in Science, Biomedical Research, Epidemiology , Economics, Business Administration, Health Economics, Health Policy, Health Services Research, Public Health, Statistics, or related fields.
Fluency in English (second language desirable)
Must have excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work and lead (a cross-functional team) in a matrix environment
• Ability to communicate effectively and motivate teams.
• Must have strong persuasive and clear presentation style and confidence to present at all levels of the organization
• Strong process/project management skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to draw insights
• Preferred: Knowledge of the disease areas within the Business Unit,
• Working knowledge of health care systems and market considerations in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Working knowledge of literature review techniques, primary research methodology, econometrics, economic modeling,, statistical analysis, retrospective and prospective research methodology, patient reported outcomes and development of reimbursement
• Strong business acumen
• Strong solution-orientation
• 5+ years relevant experience acquired at pharmaceutical companies, HTA, physician associations or health care consultancy companies
• Personal experience in preparing and negotiating reimbursement with payers in a major market is a plus.
• Accountable: makes things happen; take responsibility for execution; speaks up and voices opinion
• Open communication: address issues or let them go; operate with mutual respect and integrity, embrace diversity, collaboration and candor
Travel: international travel approximately 20%