Area Business Leader Retina - DC/Philly/Cleveland & Columbus (Remote) job in Philadelphia
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Ideally candidates will live in the Washington DC, Philadelphia, Cleveland or Columbus metropolitan areas. This is a remote field based role. |
The Area Business Leader (ABL) Retina is responsible for the performance of the NPC approved Retina portfolio within the territories that comprise his/her area (district). The ABL - Retina is responsible for leading a team of Retina Sales Specialists (RSS) in this defined geography. The ABL-Retina is required to lead, coach and manage team members to deliver sales results that meet/exceed objectives while also establishing strong professional relationships with key stakeholders, target physician groups and key institutions. The ABL-Retina also ensures that business activity is consistent with Novartis' compliance and legal standards.
In alignment with all applicable laws and regulations and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation (NPC) policies:
• Hire, train, coach and develop Retina Sales Specialists (RSS).
• Establish strong professional relationships with key stakeholders, target physician groups and key institutions.
• Effectively engage with retina customers in both clinical data and business related dialogue as appropriate.
• Conduct performance evaluations for each RSS and develop coaching plans as appropriate.
• Implement compensation programs to effectively reward integrity-based, high performance and desired leadership behaviors.
• Effectively manage performance of each RSS.
• Work cross-functionally and model collaboration with other key customer facing roles that engage with retina customers in their geographical area (i.e. Retina Account Specialists, Thought Leader Liaisons, Access Reimbursement Managers, Key Account Managers, etc).
• Grow volume and market share to meet and exceed business goals.
• Direct field activities and resource allocation to maximize business results.
• Anticipate, monitor and report changes in marketplace to effectively manage both tactical and strategic initiatives.
• Ensure the development and effective implementation of customer specific territory business plans.
• Demonstrate ethical leadership and foster an environment that promotes ethical behavior and compliance with company policies and applicable laws.
• Effectively manage and prioritize competing stakeholders' interests.A minimum of a Bachelor's degree (preferably in Life Sciences, Pharmacy, or Business related discipline).
Must live within reasonable working distance of assigned geography. This position requires the ability to drive within their assigned territory by automobile (and in some territories to travel by airplane).
• Internal: Current Novartis associate that has successfully completed the Novartis Sales Management Development Program (SMDP), or current Novartis Area Business Leader.
• Internal: Current Novartis Sales Associate with 2+ years of pharmaceutical /biotech sales management experience within the last two years or current Novartis Sales Associate with 2+ years of pharmaceutical /biotech management experience who were formerly a first line sales manager within the last two years at prior company.
• External: Current pharmaceutical / biotech sales manager with 2+ years management experience
• Candidate must be properly licensed and able to safely operate and drive an automobile in order to perform field calls on customers; must have a driving record deemed safe by the Company.
• Some territories will require regular airline travel and over-night stays in order to perform the essential functions of the job; most will at least require occasional airline travel and over-night stays for training or other business purposes. Ability to travel, including overnight travel, is a fundamental requirement for the job.
• Significant experience and success leading sales teams in promotion to large ophthalmology practices, Independent Practice Associations (IPAs), Integrated Delivery Network, and Strong knowledge of the buy & bill model and the associated reimbursement process.
• Experience with leading sales team through product launches.
• Clinical knowledge of wAMD and other retina related disease states.
• Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally within a complex, customer matrix environment.
• Proven leadership of teams focused on key account management/selling experience with large customers. .
• Strong understanding of reimbursement for both the out-patient (payer) and the in-patient (Medicare) reimbursement.