Regional Director Sales - Retina - South (Remote) job in Atlanta
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The South Region spans the southern portion of the US from Atlanta to Phoenix including; FL, GA, SC, NC, TN, AL, MS, AR, OK, LA, TX, NM and AZ. This is a remote field based role. |
The Regional Director (RD) is responsible for building, and leading the retina sales team within an assigned geography. The RD, in conjunction with the retina marketing team, will have primary responsibility for promotion and sales of brolucizumab to appropriate customers within the assigned region. This role is critical to ensuring Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation (NPC) promotional activities are both patient and customer centric and adhere to all applicable compliance requirements, laws and policies. The RD is responsible for the execution and deployment of the sales strategy for brolucizumab.
In alignment with all applicable laws and regulations and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation (NPC) policies:
• Achieve retina portfolio sales targets, market share and financial objectives for the organization.
• Primary owner of customer and field force input into annual Integrated Product Strategy (IPS) and Strategic Imperatives for brolucizumab.
• Effectively engage with retina customers in both clinical data and business related dialogue as appropriate.
• Foster, build relationships and partner with key executive, economic and clinical decision makers while driving business growth/share.
• Build deep understanding of customers and key stakeholders, and use this knowledge to design promotional strategies that drive sales volume, market share, and profitability.
• Ensure appropriate positioning of approved new products and services to respond to customer' needs.
• Lead a team of Area Business Leaders (ABLs) and Retina Account Specialists (RAS). This includes (but not limited to) recruiting / hiring, coaching, developing, assessing performance, delegation, and managing or assisting with personnel issues.
• Coach direct reports to develop and implement customer, practice and account strategic plans that ensure goal attainment.
• Support the development of a regional culture in alignment with the Pharma/Franchise vision and the Novartis Values & Behaviors.
• Assess performance level of ABLs and sales specialists across the region ensuring each associate is contributing to the overall objectives of the business.
• Work closely with training staff to ensure all direct reports are proficient in terms of clinical and promotional materials and content.
• Integrate sales strategies with marketing leadership to develop business plans with a high performing cross-functional team.
• Ensure implementation of competitive response and pull-through strategies. This includes establishing and growing relationships with key stakeholders within assigned geography
• Manage robust performance management plans and continuously strengthen and enhance diverse talent through recruiting, development and succession plans.
• Foster appropriate innovation in our promotional model and communicate best practices throughout the Regional Sales Team and between peers.
• Work collaboratively across the nation to ensure appropriate tailoring and positioning of approved products and programs.
• Collaborate with cross-functional partners i.e. Marketing, Market Access, Key Account Management, Thought Leader Liaisons, Academic Accounts, Human Resources, Sales Training, Sales Force Effectiveness, E&C, Legal and Communications.
• Manage operating budget and allocate resources to optimize business results.
• Ensure team adherence to all applicable laws and regulations, NPC policies and NVS Values & Behaviors.A minimum of a Bachelors Degree is required. MBA or higher level degree preferred.
10 years of commercial healthcare experience, 5 years dedicated to leading sales teams in the institutional and/or specialty settings
Proven success in selling medical or biopharmaceutical products to customers in the specialty and institutional settings
Built and executed business plans with highly complex sales environments
Successful track record of attracting, developing, and retaining talent and building high performance teams
Strong cross functional leadership and ability to collaborate effectively with key internal & external stakeholders
Strategic and analytical thinking as demonstrated by key projects/initiatives
2+ years in a second line sales leadership role.
Significant experience and success leading sales teams in promotion to large specialty practices,
Experience in leading Ophthalmology sales teams
Experience in a cross functional roles such as training, marketing or account management.
Proven leadership of teams focused on account management/selling experience within academic medical centers & complex Systems of Care
• Clinical knowledge of wAMD and RTH treatment process
• Broad understanding of the market access, and buy and bill reimbursement pathway
• Demonstrated success in large Ophthalmology / Retina account management/selling