Scientific Associate II job in Cambridge
Vacancy has expired
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Category:||Research and Development|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Novartis Institute of Biomedical Research is seeking an expert in the application of new and innovative technologies in cell biology to cancer drug discovery|
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated scientist who is passionate about joining an organization working with NIBR project teams in developing, optimizing and executing cell based assays to enable the discovery of new oncology drugs.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to design and execute sophisticated cell based assays that inform drug discovery and/or basic biology. The candidate must be able to troubleshoot various cell-based assays in low and high content modalities, and perform basic data analysis on small to medium scale datasets using standard analysis tools.
High content imaging experience, including image acquisition, analysis, and the ability to train new users, will be critical to success in this role. The applicant must be independent in thought and results driven while possessing strong and positive communication and team skills. The position requires significant interaction with people of varying scientific backgrounds, approaches and skill sets. A passion for lab work, data analysis and reporting excellence is a must. Expertise with assay development in multiwell formats (96w, 384w), automation and liquid handling platforms is a plus.• BS/MS Degree in a biology or biochemistry related field
• Experience in oncology preferred
• 3+ years of Biology/Biochemistry bench work experience
• Good computer skills (particularly Spotfire, MS Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
• Familiar with dose response curve fitting software programs
• Hands-on experience with cellular assay development
• Hands-on experience with automation and cell imaging equipment management
• Highly self-motivated, collaborative team worker with exceptional organizational skills.