Director, PSS Strategy & Effectiveness - MS job in East Hanover
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Category:||Sales and Marketing|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
This Patient & Specialty Services (PSS) position is responsible for strategic option generation and assessment, business planning, competitive monitoring, liaising with external and internal parties for PSS strategy and services across multi-indication & blockbuster inline and pipeline brands with >$5b in sales potential, that successfully enable PSS goals of improving the overall patient and provider experience while gaining end- to- end visibility of the patient journey.
This role will lead the PSS business planning process for >$50m in budgetary spend from insight gathering, strategy assessment to material development and rollout. Additionally, the role will collaborate with Patient & Specialty Services, Market Access and Franchise Brand Team leaders in aligning strategy, developing robust marketing HCP and patient solutions and subsequent monitoring for achievement of brand targets. The position will provide strategic direction by leveraging deep and broad understanding of Patient Services, competitive monitoring & Hub offerings, industry trends and cross-functional business knowledge to address business challenges and drive better access for patients to Novartis therapies.
Key direct responsibilities will include:
• Lead PSS business planning by working with the different PSS & brand teams to organize & align PSS feedback into brand strategies and tactics. This requires organizing program budget of $50m, frequent participation in brand meetings, workshops (war games, agency events, etc.) and slide development for PSS tactics and performance.
• Organize business review presentations with executive leadership, which demonstrates PSS performance and effectiveness.
• Lead the development, training and communications for PSS HCP/Patient field tactical materials.
• Drive project management and execution for cross-functional PSS projects that achieve franchise business results.
• Design innovative offerings & strategic option assessment, through gathering patient insights within call center, external and competitive benchmarking, scanning global best practices and liaising across network of external vendors and > 400 internal resources (marketing, sales reps, nurses, reimbursement managers) to gauge effectiveness on program effectiveness.
• Work with brand leaders to design PSS launch strategy, positioning and services for multi-blockbuster pipeline agents with over $2B in sales opportunity through understanding patient journey and best in class services required for launch excellence.
• Guide and monitor access initiation, pull through effectiveness within PSS programs to ensure maximum achievement of >$1B in Managed Markets access opportunities.
• Liaise with Brand Team(s), Market Access and Patient Services Program Management Leads to ensure KPIs are met for specific programs and field patient service issues are addressed in a timely manner.
• Interface with marketing, sales team, Legal, E&C and other PSS functions to discuss innovative concepts and develop actionable plans.
• Leverage best practices and lessons learned across brands and TAs to improve customer satisfaction, and optimize vendor/program resource mix
• Develop comprehensive presentations and serve as Patient Services Lead for key meetings with Franchise
Critical Knowledge/Functional Abilities
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of patient services challenges and opportunities
• Ability to connect commercial, financial, and clinical perspectives to develop enhanced value messages and strategies
• Broad strategic thinking skills
• Project management abilities for solution development
• Ability to collect, analyze and interpret customer/segment trends
• Comprehensive understanding of access journey for a patient with ability to diagnose issues and impact across comprehensive set of channel participants and vendors
• Proven leadership ability with demonstrated results through influence management
• Strong collaborator with an ability to work cross-functionally to achieve results
• Creative ability to appropriately represent and convey value messagesMinimum Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree, Concentration in marketing is preferred; (PharmD, RN or MBA a plus).
• 7+ Pharma commercial experience with key experiences operating in patient services space and/or market access and/or home office/marketing experience is required
• Strong marketing experience and proven success in the areas of Marketing and Hub Services.
• In depth knowledge of specialty product distribution and service company business models
• Solid strategic thinking skills and analytical skills are essential• Advance experience in developing presentations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including comfort level with senior management presentations
• Previous consultant or vendor experience preferred
• Strong experience with sales force communication
• Ability to lead across the marketing, sales and patient services organization.
• Proven track record of working within a matrix organization