Account Cardiovascular Area Business Leader - MN (Remote) job in Minneapolis
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Account Area Business Leader - Cardiovascular is responsible for the performance of the NPC approved Cardiovascular portfolio within the territories and assigned hospitals that comprise his/her area. The AABL is responsible for leading a team of Account Cardiovascular Sales Specialists in this defined geography. The AABL is required to lead, coach and manage team members to deliver sales results that meet/exceed objectives while also establishing strong professional relationships with key stakeholders, target physician groups and key institutions. The AABL also ensures that business activity is consistent with Novartis' compliance and legal standards. |
In alignment with all applicable laws and regulations and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation (NPC) policies:
• Ensure the development and effective implementation of product and disease state specific territory plans within hospitals and targeted accounts
• Effectively manage performance of Account Cardiovascular Sales Specialists and guide the strategic identification and maximization of product and disease state opportunities within targeted health systems and individual accounts across the in-patient and out-patient care continuum
• Build the Account Cardiovascular Specialist Sales Team and collaborate with cross-functional Account teams and other assigned resources to develop and deliver product and disease state account business plans.
• Hire, train, coach, and develop Account Cardiovascular Sales Specialists
• Conduct performance evaluations for each specialist and develop coaching plans as appropriate.
• Implement compensation program to effectively reward integrity-based, high performance and desired leadership behaviors
• Build strong, cross-functional relationships to leverage Novartis' expertise in order to accomplish business goals and customer objectives
• Grow prescription sales volume, Drug Distribution Data volume, and market share to meet and exceed business goals
• Direct field activities and resource allocation to maximize business results
• Anticipate, monitor and report changes in marketplace to effectively manage both tactical and strategic initiatives
• Demonstrate ethical leadership and foster an environment that promotes ethical behavior and compliance with company policies and applicable laws
This is a remote role.Education:
Bachelor's degree (preferably in Life Sciences, Pharmacy, or Business related discipline).
• Current pharmaceutical/biotech sales manager with 2+ years management experience
• Current Novartis Sales Associate with 2+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech sales management experience within the last two years OR current Novartis Sales Associate with 2+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech sales management experience who were formerly a first line sales manager within the last two years at prior company
• Demonstrated leadership experience in complex selling environments (physician, managed markets and / or limited physical access accounts.
• Proven success (e.g. sales awards, top third ranking, highly successful performance ratings, etc.) selling biopharmaceutical products to customers in the specialty and institutional setting
• Significant experience and success leading sales teams in promotion to large cardiology practices, hospital (Critical Care Unit, Emergency Department, Pharmacies, Pharmacy & Therapeutic), Integrated Delivery Network, and System of Care (SoC) Customer
• Sales Leader experience in the promotion of cardiovascular pharmaceuticals / biotech products and demonstrated ability to execute pharmaceutical strategy at the institutional level
• Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally within a complex, customer matrix environment
• Strong understanding of reimbursement for both the out-patient (payer) and the in-patient (Diagnosis Related Group, Medicare) reimbursement
• Experience with leading sales team through product launches