Account Cardiovascular Specialist -Minnesota South 1 (Remote) job in Minneapolis
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Account Cardiovascular Sales Specialist is responsible for sales execution within key prioritized IDN's, institutions, accounts and key targeted Health Care Providers (HCP's) within assigned geography. The Account Cardiovascular Sales Specialist will pull through access and drive utilization for approved CV products with appropriate patients. He/She is accountable for executing sales strategies with physicians within the account for approved Cardiovascular (CV) products consistent with Novartis' compliance standards as well as all applicable legal requirements. The principal purpose of this position is for the ACSS to represent cardiovascular products across the patient pathway - from admission to the hospital, through discharge, and into the Cardiovascular Clinic and / or Primary Care setting in order to appropriately drive product utilization.|
• Drives appropriate utilization of approved CV products. ACSS works closely with other Novartis commercial associates to generate pull-through within local payers, community HCP's, and hospitals
• Accountable for ensuring formulary adoption in targeted / assigned hospital accounts to help drive appropriate utilization of approved CV products.
• Maintain and develop territory expertise to support strategic identification, maximization and implementation of business opportunities at health systems, across the in-patient and outpatient care continuum.
• Understand patient flow through the hospital system and into the community, to better support the patient journey in order to drive appropriate utilization
• Identifies key decision makers and influencers and demonstrate the clinical expertise to support the creation of standard order sets and discharge protocols
• Works with and influences Fellows Programs (when applicable) in key teaching institutions with clinically-based value-added education
• Works with local stakeholders to create and maintain strategically targeted account-specific business plans that reflect an in-depth understanding of local market forces impacting product sales
• Executes sales efforts by providing product and disease state focused clinical information to physicians and their staff, within the In-Patient and Outpatient setting.
• Leverages expertise and knowledge of disease state, the marketplace, competitors, industry and cross-functional activities/plans to anticipate and effectively execute against business opportunities and challenges
• Understands fully the assigned customers' product and business needs and works to meet those needs while adhering to all of Novartis company ethics and compliance standards
• Anticipates potential barriers to achievement of goals and proposes responsible solutions for success
• Understands hospital committee structure, P&T process, treatment and discharge protocols, inpatient to outpatient management and protocols, readmission programs.
• Provides relevant, thoughtful input to strategic business and account planning for territory and sales area, and engages in meaningful discussion and communication with area internal stakeholders
• Prioritizes time and resources to ensure optimal and appropriate coverage of hospitals and outpatient cardiology leaders based on opportunity and importance to the system
• Appropriately incorporates Medical personnel and to customers cardiovascular leaders (when appropriate) in their accounts
This is a remote role.Education:
Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree a plus.
• 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical sales, current Novartis Associate with experience in pharma/biotech sales, or contract sales associate currently supporting the Cardiovascular Franchise
• Proven track record of consistent high performance
• Demonstrated success working within cross-functional teams in achieving account and sales based goals and objectives.
• A minimum of 2 years of pharma/biotech experience within the last 5 years dedicated to hospitals
• Experience in the promotion of cardiovascular pharmaceuticals / biotech products and demonstrated ability to execute strategy at the institutional level
• Demonstrated experience in complex selling environments (physician, managed markets or other)
• Ability to lead problem solving while being inclusive of other ideas
• Understanding of the market access, diagnostic related groups (DRG), hospital reimbursement, and protocol development
• Demonstrated effective decision making, problem-solving and strategic thinking
• Product launch experience
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Well versed in navigating the pharmacy and therapeutics (P&T) process
• Demonstrated ability to execute product and disease state account team initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data