Bioinformatics Scientist / Computational Biologist / Data Scientist job in Cambridge
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Category:||Research and Development|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are seeking a Bioinformatics scientist to join the Biologics Center group (NBC) at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) to help us develop and deliver therapeutic antibodies and proteins.|
S/he will assist experimental scientists across the organization in analysing data, such as protein array data, NGS data, protein sequence or structure data, for the advancement of biologics projects. S/he will have to formulate hypothesis and also assist experimental scientists in protein constructs design, antibody library design, antibody and protein engineering. This position requires integrating and understanding biological sciences and bioinformatics techniques to contribute to advancing biologics projects.
• Provide bioinformatics support to biologics projects
• Utilize, improve and design bioinformatics tools to respond properly to generic and specific requests from biologics projects
• Work with experimental and computational scientists to set standards, develop tools, algorithms and databases, perform data analysis for advancing biologics knowledge• Master Degree or Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computational biology, biological sciences or related field.
• 3+ industry experience is a plus.
• Excellent statistical analysis skills of high-throughput biological data, including RNA-seq or protein array.
• Clear understanding of antibody/protein structure and sequence analysis
• Ability to implement own algorithms for the analysis of protein sequences and structures
• Ability to integrate and visualize data from different sources
• Excellent knowledge and experience with state-of-the art bioinformatics tools and databases for the analysis of protein sequences and structures
• Expertise in programming and scripting languages, such as R, python, Java, perl and competency in working in a Unix/Linux environment
• Experience with machine learning techniques
• Ability to collaborate with experimental scientists.
• Able to work and communicate results and concepts to multidisciplinary project teams.