Associate Scientist - Formulations job in Johns Creek
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Category:||Research and Development|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The purpose of this position is to formulate research into new contact lens materials, packaging saline, and contact lens care products.|
• Performs polymer formulation and characterization in a research laboratory environment.
• Demonstrates in-deep understanding in both, materials technology and lens production process, to insure compatibility between material and process.
• Identifies and optimizes novel materials for their use in lens, saline, and lens care product formulations. Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of structure and property relationship in polymers, specifically the relationship between molecular architecture and morphology and bulk properties.
• Identifies and executes appropriate testing methodologies to evaluate potential new contact lenses, lens surfaces, package saline and lens care products.
• Documents experimental results details on all planned and completed experiments including raw materials, experimental plans and procedures, results, data analyses and conclusions in appropriate formats (laboratory notebook, memo and/or report) and communicate effectively to project teams.
• Files all new material concepts through invention disclosures and support patent filings as required to protect intellectual property.
• Handles, uses, stores and disposes all lab used chemicals as outlined in MSDS, SOP and other company prescribed, state and federal guidelines. Also, complies with all company established Health, Safety and Environment operational requirements.
• Uses relevant statistical techniques and methods to plan and execute experiments and to analyze experimental data.
• Actively monitors patent and scientific literature for significant technical developments relevant to CL and CLC products.• Fluent in verbal and written English communication skills.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field OR equivalent combination of education and work experience.