Associate Global Medical / Scientific Director job in East Hanover
|Employer:|| Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
|Category:||Research and Development|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
Medical Affairs support for assigned disease area, compound(s) and/or project(s) under the leadership of the specified disease area Global Group Medical Director. Ensures execution of the medical strategy and tactical plan in regards to specific compound or project.|
For assigned compound/indications, work collaboratively across functions and G/R/L, to execute an integrated Medical Affairs plan including clinical trials, publication, medical education and medical information. • Collaborates across disease area medical teams. • Provides support on Global Medical Affairs clinical trials execution in partnership with global line functions, assigned clinical operations team members, and regional/country medical associates. • Provides medical support to CTT's for Novartis sponsored GMA trials. • Supports medical training and medical education to internal and external audiences • Provides medical support for educational events (e.g. stand-alone meetings, scientific symposia) and scientific congresses within legal and compliance regulations. • Provides medical review of key scientific communications, medical information documents and commercial documents within P3 legal and compliance regulations. • Provides medical input on overall publication strategy and is a member of publication planning team providing GMA medical input on individual publication plans. • Ensures that planning of medical activities and budgets are aligned with global medical affairs processes/standards. Accountable to efficiently manage budgets and resources, including budget planning for future activities. • Responsible for developing clinical components of key documents - regulatory & safety - from GMA studies supporting submissions and post-marketing commitments to health authorities, when applicable.• MD required for aGMD role. The aGSD requires advanced life sciences degree (PharmD, PhD, etc.)
• Oncology, Hematology, Endocrinology required.
• Additional business degree is preferred/desired
Fluency in written and spoken English
• Proven experience as a successful decisive leader in a strategic multifunctional environment
• 7 years professional experience within the pharmaceutical industry, preferably in development and/or medical affairs function at a local, regional or global level.
• Has developed and implemented global/local Phase II, III or IV trials.
• Experienced track record of making decisions and aligning the organization behind them.
• Has good judgement and is a strong decision-maker.
• Has experience of challenging senior management in relation to science and data.
• Experience of Medical Expert relationship management
Technical / Functional Skills
• Has expert operational knowledge and experience in clinical trial design and all stages of clinical trial conduct (Trial design, Start-up, Execution, Analysis, Reporting).
• Has an excellent knowledge of current clinical practice in Oncology/Hematology/Endocrinology or other relevant disease area.
• Have strong knowledge in and understanding of medical activities (including scientific communications, medical information, MSLs, and HEOR), relating to the commercialization of oncology products.
• Effectively engage external stakeholders across a broad range of audiences and activities.
• >4 years of experience in pharma with a minimum of 3 years in medical affairs at local, regional and/or global level.
Operational / Executional Skills
• Can effectively manage and optimize resources and budget to meet business needs;
• Provide medical expertise to ensure successful product launches across functions.
• Lead and manage different activities:
• NVS sponsored trials,
• Review and coordinate IITs
• Implement patient access programs.
• Review promotional materials
• Provide training to external and internal customers.
• Define publication strategy and contribute to publication planning
• Review publications
People & Relationships
• Contribute to high performing cross-functional teams collaboratively; effectively use rewards and recognition to create a culture of engagement and inclusion.
• Display a passion for building talent pipeline; provide feedback and coaching to team members on an ongoing basis.
• Build strong internal and external relationships with diverse stakeholders that maximize alignment and organizational effectiveness.
• Can effectively manage different and diverse projects (clinical program, publication, medical education, Advisory boards).
• Effectively develop, communicate, and drive a long-term vision and plan for medical affairs program, anticipating and addressing potential issues.
• Display enterprise leadership in all aspects of the role by gaining alignment across functions and divisions.
• Expertly manage ambiguity and highly complex situations.
• Maintain an external focus to optimize and maximize treatment options and compound life cycle management.
• Have excellent communications skills and ability to convey complex scientific and clinical concepts simply and effectively.