2019 Merck Manufacturing Leadership Development Program - MMLDP job in Whitehouse Station West
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
|Category:||Research and Development|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
|City:||Whitehouse Station West|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. |
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
CALLING FUTURE MANUFACTURING LEADERS ...
The Merck Manufacturing Leadership Development Program (MMLDP) is our flagship global manufacturing graduate program. Our simple objective is to identify, hire, and develop our future Manufacturing Leaders. If you have the profile of being a Merck Manufacturing Leader we are eager to engage with you, accelerate your development, and bring greater value to our patients worldwide.
Over a 3 year rotation program we would significantly invest in your development giving you exposure and experience across our business, preparing you for a role in leadership. You would receive coaching from senior leaders, exposure to real life manufacturing challenges and training from industry leading scientists and engineers. In a short space of time you will be contributing to significant projects and be making key decisions that directly impact how we make pharmaceuticals and deliver them to our patients globally.
We hire a small number of MMLDP members each year, and we work hard to ensure that we truly select candidates with the greatest potential to lead. To help assess if you fit the profile here are some questions to ask yourself ...
• Does the thought of feeling overwhelmed or feel like you're 'in over your head' excite you?
• Are you the type of person to change carefully planned actions quickly as needed for results?
• Is failure a part of your learning process?
• Does the challenge of changing positions, or even living arrangements, just when you are getting comfortable excite you?
• Are you willing to go above and beyond your normal job duties for the team to get the job done
If the answer is "YES" to all of these questions, then keep on reading!
The Merck Manufacturing Leadership Development Program has two primary goals:
• Provide candidates who have Bachelor's or Master's degree level in the required fields listed below with a broad perspective of the core manufacturing functions of Merck's pharmaceutical, biological, animal health and vaccine products.
• Develop a bench of talent who can prepare for future leadership positions of increasing responsibility within the organization through focused rotational experiences within the key areas of Merck Manufacturing Division (MMD).
The LDP enables successful candidates to experience (3) rotations over a three-year period with each rotation lasting (1) year. Employees are assigned to rotations based on business needs and aligned to develop critical experiences. In addition to their assignments, employees receive mentoring from peers and senior leaders during their assignment. Rotation members should expect to work at different domestic or international sites during their tenure in the program, and should have flexibility to move where assigned to meet business needs. Within the rotation, some domestic and international travel may be required. International rotation assignments or travel are not guaranteed. It is expected that a candidate move between sites during the program, as that allows the employee to gain the broadest perspective of the division and to maximize learning and exposure.
The program is designed to strengthen the candidates' skills in teamwork, collaboration, and leadership. The program also includes a formal learning curriculum, designed to enhance a wide variety of competencies including but not limited to:
• Business outcomes across the end to end supply chain
• Continuous improvement/Scientific problem solving
• Managing and Optimizing internal and external partnerships
• Lean Manufacturing
• Quality/Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
• Business and Financial Acumen
The successful candidate is:
• Interested in participating in a broad range of work experiences across the manufacturing division.
• Able to work independently, in teams, and lead teams.
• Able to adapt to new roles, responsibilities, and situations.
• Motivated to cultivate their leadership skills along with their technical, business and commercial skills by applying their knowledge within manufacturing.
• Committed to both their own career development as well as bringing their best to Merck.
• Comfortable influencing others
CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE A PRE-INTERVIEW ONLINE ASSESSMENT, WHICH WILL TAKE 90 MINUTES TO COMPLETE. CANDIDATES WILL NEED TO COMPLETE THIS ASSESSMENT WITHIN 3 DAYS OF RECEIPT .
Education : BS or MS in one of the following:
• Biomedical Engineering
• Chemical Engineering
• Industrial Engineering
• Supply Chain/Logistics
Required Experience and Skills:
• Candidate must have graduated from a college by the MMLDP program start date (July 29 th , 2019)
• Candidate must be eligible to work in US without sponsorship
• Candidate must be willing to be assigned to different jobs and different sites over the first three years of employment.
• Ability to travel and willingness to be assigned to any Merck site in the US or other Merck sites including countries ex-US based on business needs.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Candidate has demonstrated leadership experience in a field of study, extracurricular activity, previous internship or undergraduate research, military, or prior work experience.
• Candidate should possess superior communication and interpersonal skills, a team-player with the ability to work independently.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
FTP2019, AISES, SWE, SHPE, NOBCCHE, NSBE, NACME
- Computational Biologist / Bioinformatics Data Scientist Novartis Pharmaceuticals Cambridge
- Global Head Staffing and Talent Acquisition Novartis Pharmaceuticals Fort Worth
- Bioinformatics Scientist / Computational Biologist / Data Scientist Novartis Pharmaceuticals Cambridge