Architect - IT Engineering Services job in Boston
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare |
Under the leadership of the Director Architecture for Development Solution Engineering, the IT Specialist Architect will
• Design architecture that will enable best-in-class IT capabilities supporting Merck Research Labs Development business processes spanning Global Clinical Development, Global Regulatory Affairs and Clinical Safety, Scientific and Medical Affairs, Quality
• Design solutions to drive and deliver value by re-factoring existing monolithic application stacks within Life Sciences, automation and digital transformation through use of Artificial intelligence, Machine Learning, robotic process automation and other emergent technologies
• Be responsible for the delivery of architectural artifacts and contribute to shaping the future state of the solutions
• Coordinate with business users and development teams to work towards an efficient solution based on analysis of acceptable trade-offs.
• Collaborate with Technical Leads to deliver high quality solutions while leverage existing IT solutions.
The candidate will get exposure to emergent technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), etc.
Education Minimum Requirement:
•Bachelor's Degree or higher in IT, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields
Required Experience and Skills:
•Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience in architecture, design and/or development of enterprise IT systems.
•Strong process understanding, system architecture skills with analytical thinking for problem solving.
•Demonstrated experience in designing, writing API wrappers and leveraging API's on applications that natively do not expose API's as an integration option.
•Industry and/or Academic experience with standard AI and ML techniques and RPA.
•Enthusiasm to quickly learn and experiment new technologies and systems
•Technical thought leadership and sound understanding of the technology trends and application landscape both internally at Merck and externally in the industry.
•Ability to analyze possible solutions with a moderate level of guidance and direction
•Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with both a business and a technical audience.
•Ability to collaborate with diverse teams to contribute to the achievement of team goals
•Exposure to Life Sciences domain and Health Care a big plus
•Knowledge and experience of key machine learning and deep learning frameworks, e.g. Tensorflow, OpenCV, MxNet, scikit-learn, Spark MLlib, commercial technologies/platforms, etc
•Exposure to RPA frameworks like UI Path to automate repeatable processes in complex business workflow in life sciences area.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement