Assoc. Director, Procurement job in Elkhorn
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.|
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Regional Sourcing Manager will report to the Director and will work in active leadership role with the site sourcing teams. Lead the sourcing of materials and services to support business units across the Merck Animal Health division with a specific focus on the site. Scope of spend impacted will be dependent upon the size, scale and complexities of the regions managed. The categories for a Regional Sourcing Manager will be strategic in nature and highly complex and require a wide breadth of skills including. The Regional Sourcing Manager will be responsible for engaging stakeholders, specifically Site Management Teams, and local / regional suppliers
• Site Procurement Team Manager - manage a team of site sourcing individuals through the day to day activities of supporting the manufacturing operations with responsibility for driving the site and regional sourcing strategies and stakeholder management, including tier meetings attendance.
• Site Stakeholder Engagement - to understand stakeholder requirements in relation to establishing supply strategy and proactive mitigation of supply risk/issues. Lead Stakeholder engagement meetings. Schedule routine reviews. Be able to translate Stakeholder requirements into tangible business results. Be a member of the Site Leadership Team as required.
• Relationship Management - Work with Business representatives, Legal and other stakeholders, to develop requirements. Conduct Relationship Management meetings with Key and Active suppliers. Manage Supplier Performance levels.
• Sourcing - to create and execute Requests For Information and Requests For Proposals together with subsequent structured information analysis wherever possible using electronic procurement processes. Ensuring all Business Requirements are captured. Lead the assessment of all proposals using predefined criteria derived from the Business Requirements. Ensure Stakeholders are aligned with Assessments and Outcome.
• Negotiation Planning and Execution - to create detailed pre-negotiation plans, to lead and participate any prolonged negotiation sessions with suppliers and to conduct post negotiation debriefs and follow through plans. Drive negotiations to deliver the most value for the business.
• Contract Management - to prepare and implement appropriate forms of contract and commitment with suppliers. Liaise with corporate Legal as needed for review of contract clause. Lead all term negotiations. Candidate will have a strong understanding of contract language and legal positions.
• Supplier Performance Management - to ensure that appropriate supplier agreements and relationships have good supplier matrix embedded within them. Monitor, report, manage and continuously improve supplier performance using OTIF metrics and other tools. Drive innovation with Key Suppliers. Conduct meetings with a routine cadence.
• Sharing of Learnings - Being able to work cross functionally within the Site Team, Region and across Categories and Regions and to share best practices where applicable.
• Policy Adherence - Ensure that all procurement is carried out in an ethical and controlled manner in line with procurement policy and procedures. Assist with the ongoing review of Procurement practices and procedures in conjunction with the Regional Manager. Be able to interpret and enforce policy adherence for stakeholders and supply base.
• Drive Cost Savings - Identify, Track and Deliver cost reduction opportunities; focusing on the accuracy of delivery. Have an understanding of standard costs and cost setting process. Be able to manage Purchase Price Variance for the site and track as a component of cost reduction. Manage approvals for cost reduction initiatives with Stakeholder Management and Finance.
• Improve Working Capital - Identify Track and Deliver working capital improvement opportunities, including payment terms monitoring and assistance in inventory reduction programs.
Other duties may include:
•Member of Director Leadership Team and participant in the LT+1 Management model - involvement in strategic initiatives to improve and advance the department.
•Metrics Management - managing performance of the site sourcing teams in delivery of the critical department metrics, including but not limited to: on-time/ in-full delivery, cost reduction, working capital improvements and diversity.
•Category Team Membership - to be an active member of one or more category teams using the techniques and content created in 1) to 11) above as input in the creation of breakthrough strategies. Be able to lead Local/Regional Category Strategies or subsets of Global Category Strategies
•Sourcing Strategy Development - Develop sourcing strategies that drive the key performance indicators of the department are aligned with the Stakeholder Business Requirements and drive the most value for the company.
Education Minimum Requirement:
•Education: 4 year accredited degree program preferred
Required Experience and Skills:
•Experience: 8-12 years' experience of procurement and commerce
•Demonstrated people management experience.
•Demonstrate strong negotiation/commercial skills
•Must be capable of prioritizing and multi-tasking, and working to an agreed schedule
•Must be self-motivated and be able to work both individually or as part of a team
•Must have a flexible approach to workload
Preferred Experience and Skills:
•Other purchasing qualification preferred, i.e. CPM, CIPS.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.