Associate Director, Audit job in Kenilworth
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. |
The Associate Director:
• Lead a small team through financial and compliance audits and assessments across all Merck divisions and functions to evaluate the adequacy of internal controls and deliver audit reports that add value to the area audited.
• Coaches and trains staff members during the execution of the audits and assessments.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and techniques to assess risk and evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls in moderately complex business scenarios in accordance with timelines.
• Applies knowledge to analyze and evaluate business scenarios following a risk based approach and maintains supporting documentation.
• Coaches in the skill of detecting, analyzing, quantifying and reporting non-conformance.
• Participates in projects to drive continuous improvement and efficiencies.
• Provides technical guidance and consultation on Company Policies and Procedures/Control Issues to the client and audit staff.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance and CPA preferred.
Required Experience and Skills:
• A minimum of six (6) years of finance and/or audit experience.
• Ability to identify and integrate patterns, trends, and inconsistencies across data sources to determine their broader implications.
• Coach in ways to improve team cohesiveness and effectiveness.
• Maintains team's focus in the face of distractions, problems or crises.
• Ability to proactively share information through appropriate mediums to keep others informed.
• Ability to use an open communication style that actively acknowledges other thoughts and opinions.
• Willingness to travel within assigned regions/entities both domestically and internationally to complete testing; estimated travel up to 30% of the time.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• A professional audit and/or control, security certification such as CPA, CISA, CIA, CMA, CFE.
• Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
• Big 4 Audit experience.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement