Associate Director, Intelligent Business Automation job in Rahway
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. |
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Under the direction of the Information Integration Leader the Intelligent Business Automation (IBA) Lead is accountable for establishing and leading a Center of Excellence (CoE) for Intelligent Business Automation capabilities within Global Regulatory Affairs and Clinical Safety (GRACS) in partnership with IT and other key stakeholders. IBA includes but is not limited to Business Process Workflow Management and Robotic Process Automation capabilities. Through the CoE the IBA Lead is accountable for the delivery of IBA enabled solutions that support key GRACS key processes and provides organizational visibility of regulatory and safety information assets through aggregation. The Associate Director is responsible for strategies that expand the IBA capability in order to improve overall process compliance, simplify process execution, and eliminate redundant data entry across business capabilities. The incumbent will develop strategies that establish an information aggregation capability and will have responsibility for the execution of that strategy. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop and manage the IBA and aggregation capability strategy across the information domains within GRACS
• Communicate the business value of IBA and aggregation; influence key stakeholders to ensure support for the defined strategy
• Lead strategies that enable business performance management measures through process metrics collected in the IBA capability
• Collaborate with senior stakeholders within GRACS, IT and across the divisions (MRL, MMD, GHH) in relation to IBA and achieve alignment and efficiencies
• Drive alignment of GRACS aggregation capability needs across the IBA capabilities (e.g., submission planning, health registration management, content management) and across functional areas (e.g., Safety, Labeling, CMC, Artwork)
• Drive innovation into the IBA and aggregation business capabilities both through internal and external input
• Collaborate with MRL IT on setting the strategy for the IBA and aggregation capabilities for GRACS
• Collaborate with Business Process Leads/Owners to identify processes that would benefit from IBA enablement
• Incorporate mobile device usage into the IBA and aggregation layer capability strategies
• Align IBA and aggregation activities with the overall GRACS information management strategy
• Drive continuous improvement into the IBA capability through iterative refinements and identifying new opportunities
This position can be located in either Upper Gwynedd, PA or Rahway, NJ.
Education Minimum Requirement:
• Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of industry experience, at least 6 of those in a regulated environment.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Experience in developing strategies for and implementing Intelligent Business Automation (IBA) capabilities (e.g., Appian, TIBCO ActiveMatrix, Mendix, Pega Systems, uiPath, Blue Prism) and information aggregation capabilities (e.g., data driven dashboards/visualizations) in a regulated business environment
• Knowledge of key processes and information managed within regulatory and/or pharmacovigilance functions
• Experience in leading matrixed project teams consisting of Business and IT information workers
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Strong business acumen
• Experience in understanding complex regulatory information relationships
• Broad organizational awareness; can work across multiple levels within an organization
• Enterprise process modeling and mapping experience(e.g., using Visio and Nimbus)
• Demonstrated change management experience
• Experience in process management methodology (e.g., Sigma certification)
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to operate effectively in ambiguity with aggressive timelines
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.