Customer Team Leader - Northern, CA/Hawaii job in San Francisco
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
|Category:||Sales and Marketing|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. |
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The division is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Customer Team Leader (CTL) plays a critical role in establishing Merck's customer focused initiative.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
• Leading and managing Customer Representatives in identifying customer needs.
• Coaching representatives, overseeing training, and completing people management processes for Customer Representatives and effectively developing and resourcing his/her customer team to address customer needs.
The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following behaviors and attitudes:
• Strong leadership skills with experience leading teams through change and new challenges by applying situational coaching skills and using emotional intelligence
• Self-starter who is comfortable working in and leading a team through ambiguity and the capacity to see 'what can be' for this new organization
• Communicate with courage and candor as we evolve our engagement model for this customer segment
• Customer-centric mindset and the skills needed to listen to customers and understand their objectives and overall relationship with our broader organization
• Leads by example by modeling flexibility, candor, and a willingness to respond during times of change while maintaining a positive attitude
• Demonstrated account planning and management skills and strong collaboration with extended teams toward common goals Education Minimum Requirement:
•Preferred: Science, Business or Healthcare Discipline
Required Experience and Skills:
•Minimum of (5) years experience in Sales, Marketing or Managed Care - Pharmaceutical industry
•Minimum of (2) years experience working in Marketing, Managed Care, or Sales support areas within the Pharmaceutical industry
•Valid Driver's license
Preferred Experience and Skills:
•Minimum of (3) years experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, or managed care organizations
•Experience working in Marketing or Basic Research
•Experience selling in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech & Medical Device Industry
•Previous Field Sales Management experience.
•Capable of establishing relationships and networks within a customer organization.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.