Director, Oncology Center for Observational & Real World Evidence (CORE) job in Rahway
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
|Category:||Research and Development|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. |
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Under the guidance of an Executive Director, CORE Oncology, the incumbent has the primary responsibilities for developing the integrated evidence strategy, including HTA/reimbursement and overall Real World evidence strategies, for one or more in-line and/or developmental Merck drugs and/or vaccines on a worldwide basis and for planning and implementing Outcomes Research and Real World evidence programs to meet the value evidence needs of payers, health systems, and clinicians This includes direct interactions with HTA agencies, HTA/reimbursement experts and MSD country affiliates to obtain in-depth understanding of country-specific HTA/reimbursement needs related to the product and all phases of outcomes research including design and implementation of retrospective database studies, assessment of patient reported outcomes, epidemiological studies and economic modeling. These activities include global responsibilities that are aligned with Customer Business Lines strategies and direct market responsibilities in the U.S. aligned with the U.S. Market strategy. The incumbent contributes to product development and marketing strategies to ensure that product value is defined and developed. The Director also works closely with Product Development Teams, Franchise Teams, Regional Product Directors, MSD affiliates, Public Affairs, and Medical Education to ensure OR programs are consistent with marketing strategies in key countries.
• Represents CORE on one or more Value and Evidence Sub-teams (VEST) and provide leadership in developing the OR strategies and plans for developmental compounds and obtains cross-divisional senior management approval. The incumbent may be selected to lead one or more VESTs.
• Critically assesses drivers and barriers to reimbursement and market access and identifies value evidence needs to provide strategic input into clinical and market development programs. Brings strong payer and HTA/reimbursement focus into the Product Development Team(s).
• Develops the integrated evidence strategy including HTA/OR strategy and generate evidences for HTA/reimbursement purposes.
• Develop and evaluate health programs leveraging different parts of health care systems that can enhance value and use of Merck products.
• Implements programs to document the burden and cost of diseases, unmet medical need,
• patient reported outcomes (PRO) and the value of drug therapy as outlined in the OR planning process and generates data on a worldwide basis to support pricing and reimbursement.
• Develops value evidence deliverables (e.g., global value dossier, health economic evaluations) and their adaptation to generate country-specific data supporting pricing and reimbursement.
• Works closely with the VEST team members to develop OR plans for Merck in-line and developmental products based on the regulatory, marketing and reimbursement environments on a worldwide basis, including the local needs of the US Market Works with Merck Research Labs colleagues, MSD affiliates and consultants to write, coordinate, and validate as required, study design, protocols, measurement questionnaires, case report forms, data analysis plans, and final reports/publications.
• Works with the Merck Investigator Study Program Committee to evaluate outcomes research study protocols for studies in local markets.
• Supports MSD affiliates to understand local needs, adapt health economic evaluations, customize Outcomes Research documents such as protocols and reimbursement dossier, which includes the development of the worldwide template document including global value dossier and input forms, design of data collection forms for customization to countries, and in collaboration with MSD affiliates, adaptation of the document according to local requirements.
• Works closely with other departments to effectively develop/ communicate Outcomes Research findings/value evidence and support data and consistent messages throughout Merck and to external customers.
• Responsible for maintaining awareness of scientific developments within his/her areas of expertise, both in terms of new methodology and new activities to establish communications with key outcomes research opinion leaders.
• Leverages other groups within CORE to develop and execute OR plans, including Market Partners, Data Sciences and Insights, and Pharmacoepidemiology.
• Builds relationships with health economic and outcomes research experts worldwide.
• Presents outcomes research data at international/national congresses and publishes articles in scientific journals.
• Doctoral (preferred) degree from a recognized school of medicine, public health, management, pharmacy, or economics -OR- Master's Degree required from a recognized school of medicine, public health, management, pharmacy, or economics.
• In-depth understanding of HTA/reimbursement and market access needs in key markets.
• 5 years post PhD or 7 years post Master's degree of relevant experience in the areas of health economics, outcomes research, market access, HTA or related field.
• Demonstrated expertise in the design and implementation of clinical, epidemiological, or health economic studies.
• Demonstrated expertise in the fields of outcomes research, health services research, epidemiology or health economics, and/or health technology assessment.
• A track record of scientific presentations and publications.
• Strong leadership and strategic thinking skills.
• Experience in Oncology related outcomes research, epidemiology or health economics.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
CORE2018, HJ022018, LHH, HJ032018