Director, Scientific Affairs Mid-Atlantic (MD, VA, NC, TN, KY, DC, DE + Cincinnati) job in Elkton
Vacancy has expired
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
|Category:||Research and Development|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. |
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
The research scientific director (RSD) is a therapeutic and disease expert who is responsible for facilitating and developing peer level relationships with the medical/scientific community who have potential interest in participating in Merck research studies including basic research collaborations, Merck investigator initiated studies program (MISP), company sponsored clinical trials, and outcomes research studies to support the virology portfolio. The virology RSD will focus on HIV and Hepatitis C therapeutic areas. This position will report to the Team Leader- Virology Research Scientific Directors within Global Center for Scientific Affairs (GCSA), Merck Research Labs (MRL).
Education Minimum Requirement:
PharmD, MD or PhD with clinical and research experience in infectious disease, preferably with a focus on HIV. In addition, Hepatitis C experience would be beneficial.
Required Experience and Skills:
• The ideal candidate would reside within the position territory in Mid-Atlantic (MD, VA, NC, TN, KY, DC, DE + Cincinnati)
• An advanced degree (Pharm.D, MD, PhD.) with significant prior experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical or healthcare environment.
• Minimum of 5 years Infectious Diseases/Virology (HIV) experience (can include specialty residency or fellowship training).
• Knowledge of national and society treatment guidelines, clinical research processes, FDA regulations, and OIG guidelines
• Ability to network and partner with important external customers, including scientific leaders, investigators, and academic affiliated institutions.
• Demonstrable effective leadership skills (by example and through accomplishments), and the ability to step forward to handle challenges within scope of authority.
• Deep therapeutic competency; abreast of trends and new information in the therapeutic/translational science area.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to travel up to 60% of the time
• Headquarters located in Upper Gwynedd, PA; however the position will work remotely.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Prior pharmaceutical industry experience (MSL or other research related position) in the area of infectious diseases and/or virology.
• Strong clinical/translational research experience
• Prior working experience within Mid-Atlantic region
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement