EHS Site Lead (Wilson, NC) job in Wilson
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
|State:||North Carolina (NC)|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare . |
The EHS Lead is Responsible for the Site technical and regulatory support and implementation of all necessary measures and initiatives required by federal, state and local regulations pertaining to environment and safety protection. Provides direction and is responsible for planning, developing and reviewing environmental, safety and industrial hygiene programs for manufacturing, laboratory and support organizations.
• Provide direction and leadership to direct reports. Mentor EHS professionals to build leadership and technical skills to improve individual performances. Coach operations leaders to enable them to successfully discharge their leadership responsibilities for safety and environment.
• Partner with Wilson departments and contacts to integrate safety and environmental management systems into every phase of their operations, as measured by performance metrics. Consult with and advise department personnel to provide sound and timely technical and/or administrative assistance in support of projects, procedures, and long range plans that assures conformance with safety & environmental requirements.
• Develop productive working relationships with federal, state and local authorities, technical and industrial groups and consultants to keep abreast of pending requirements and interpretations of existing rules. Coordinate and guide the efforts of safety and environmental professionals to assure investigation of all phases of government relations pertaining to safety and environmental protection and initiate appropriate action.
• Lead site and/or local area audits for compliance with applicable regulatory requirements (i.e. OSHA, EPA, DEP, etc.). Translate Corporate and Divisional standards and guides into appropriate site procedures. Track and report safety and environmental metrics.
• Prepare, coordinate and present environmental, safety and industrial hygiene, process safety, emergency response and/or security training as needed.
• Maintain liaison with outside organizations, peer companies and agencies as necessary to assure compliance and communication in the areas of emergency response, mutual aid, regulatory bodies, professional societies, and industrial groups.
Education Minimum Requirement: B.S. in Engineering, Environmental Science, Safety or Industrial Hygiene; M.S. is desirable.
Required Experience and Skills**:
At least 8 years in environmental protection or safety or production experience.
Experience managing people is required.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
Evidence of effective communication and organizational skills required.
Demonstrated performance in a highly regulated industry with strict standards adherence and compliance initiatives.
Good root cause investigation experience desired.
Strong systems and IT knowledge.
Six sigma or equivalent problem solving capabilities.
Experience sitting on senior leadership teams to set strategy and make decisions for the site.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement