Facility Coordinator job in South San Francisco
Vacancy has expired
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
|Category:||Research and Development|
|City:||South San Francisco|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare . |
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director at our research facility in Palo Alto, California, position will assist with tactical and strategic planning for the facilities team's goals and objectives. Provides day-to-day support for assigned area which may include organizing and filing facilities documents, arranging and planning for events, assisting with selecting and installing facilities art work and decorations, implementing facilities design standards, entering data into facilities software systems, and assisting in budgeting and forecasting process. Collaborates with global functions and IFM partners. Assigned tasks include obtaining quotes from vendors and creating shopping carts, onboarding staff and IFM partners into HtR, overseeing and reviewing financial performance and forecasting spend. Assisting in quality control and safety audits with IFM partners and vendors. Actively monitors that safety and environmental goals are achieved.
• Organize, maintain, and log facilities construction drawing files in orderly fashion. Provide copies of drawings to users when requested. Organize and version control SOPs that are used in facilities and operations.
• Work with architects, designers, and corporate entities to provide select laboratory artwork and other design elements suitable for the science conducted at our sites.
• Utilize procurement software for creating POs, approve invoices, and track spend against the POs
• Assign training and track progress of team and report status monthly.
• Register and onboard new IFM facilities partners and vendors into the Access Center software. Provide information to security for creating badges. Complete IT work orders to fulfill computer needs.
• Provide communications between facilities and MRL clients. Obtain feedback from clients to assist in redirecting efforts to improve service delivery and quality.
• Perform monthly quality audits with an eye on continuous improvement. Follow through with vendors to correct any findings.
• Assist with researching and analyzing budget variances and make recommendations for forecasting. Communicate with finance to track both capital and expense spending. Provide regular reports on status of projects and future spending trends
• Work with client to determine seating location of new personnel. Arrange with IFM partners for relocation and preparing space for occupancy. Maintain database of occupancy and space allocation.
• Collaborate with team to solve problems and resolve spontaneous and unique situations with professionalism and service orientation.
• Schedule team meetings with IFM partners and vendors.
•Required: Associate Degree or B.S. Engineering or Science or relevant industry experience
•Proficient in the following competencies: empowering leadership, flexibility, motivation, teamwork/collaboration, problem-solving, communication, and computer skills
•Knowledge of basic safety standards including laboratory PPE and Hazard Communication
•Knowledge of biological research facilities
•Project management experience
•Lean Six Sigma Methodology, Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode Effects Analysis
•Knowledge in reliability engineering (including asset life cycle management)
•Knowledge of human resources software, occupancy software, security access software.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement