Global Marketing Director, Biomarker & Diagnostics job in Kenilworth
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
|Category:||Sales and Marketing|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. |
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
We are currently recruiting for a Global Marketing Director, Biomarker & Diagnostics within Oncology Global Marketing. The Global Marketing Director will lead strategies and marketing efforts within biomarker & diagnostics for our immune-oncology portfolio, hereunder pembrolizumab ( Keytruda). Keytruda is currently being studied in multiple cancer indications, many of which will be launched over the next few years. The Global Marketing Director will work across indications and with all parts of our organization and diagnostic partners.
The Global Marketing Director, Biomarker & Diagnostics is a key member of the Global Oncology Marketing Team for Keytruda responsible for development and implementation of both strategic and tactical marketing programs for biomarkers and diagnostics. Responsibilities also include global scientific engagement of key scientific leaders relevant for guiding and enabling implementation, adoption and use of diagnostics. Engagement programs, Advisory Boards, Congresses/Symposia etc. are developed in close collaboration with the Medical Affairs team and individual tumor teams.
The position will require a solid understanding of the role of biomarkers & diagnostics in personalized medicine as well as established connections and relationships in the diagnostic space. Strong leadership skills and ability to collaborate across the organization, hereunder with other functional areas and regional/local Diagnostic Leads will be essential. Proven ability to work with many areas of marketing management including strategy development, engagement programs, market research, segmentation, competitive dynamics, and issues management in a highly complex and dynamic environment is a must.
The candidate will need to have strong business acumen and a demonstrated ability to understand and manage key levers that drive growth and profitability.
The position will be based in Kenilworth, NJ and will report to the Head of Global Commercial Biomarker Strategy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Work effectively with cross-functional partners including Research & Development, Medical Affairs, Alliance Management, Market Access, Finance, Regulatory Affairs, Communications, BD&L, Legal, market analytics, health economics & outcomes research, international & domestic operations, diagnostic partner companies etc. to successfully navigate the internal and external environments and deliver value to our customers
• Provide commercial leadership on activities including long & short range business strategy & planning, portfolio valuations, development of diagnostic indication strategy & messaging, operating budget & forecasting, global reimbursement strategic plan, launch readiness reviews, customer interactions, market research, BD&L activities, and partner management
• Provide commercial leadership, support and expertise to Diagnostic Development Teams, Joint Commercialization Committees, regional and country marketing & sales organizations
• Required: Bachelors
• Preferred: MSc and MBA or PhD
• Minimum of (5) years Diagnostic Business experience
• Minimum of (3) years Pharmaceutical Business experience
• Oncology Marketing experience
• Pharmaceutical & Diagnostics marketing experience
• Diagnostic Product Launch experience
• Significant & demonstrated commercial leadership in marketplace assessment, development of product strategy, long & short range business planning, global market access & reimbursement
• Strong leadership, problem solving, teamwork, analytical, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills
• Collaboration with business partners, influencing without authority and working successfully with cross-functional teams
• 25% Travel, including some weekends
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
HJ082018, LHH, HOTJOBS
- Data Scientist - Novartis / GNF Novartis Pharmaceuticals San Diego
- Computational Biologist / Bioinformatics Data Scientist Novartis Pharmaceuticals Cambridge
- Bioinformatics Scientist / Computational Biologist / Data Scientist Novartis Pharmaceuticals Cambridge