Grade I-48 HVAC Mechanic job in Kenilworth
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare . |
Refrigeration & AC Mechanic II:
Under general supervision, install, operate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair all types of refrigeration, air conditioning, heating, and ventilation equipment and controls.
Education Minimum Requirement: High School graduate or equivalent. Vocational or Technical school certification. Courses in Physics and Refrigeration Theory, Refrigeration Practice, Electrical Theory and Practice, Heating, Cooling and Ventilation, Electronic and Pneumatic controls and diagrams.
Required Experience and Skills:
• 3-5 years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning practice.
• Experience in pneumatic and DDC controls, wiring methods, and instrumentation is required.
• Must have current Refrigeration/Universal license.
• Must have adequate skills to perform required job functions with minimal supervision. Demonstration of teamwork abilities and communication skills.
• Must be able to lift, bend, and move in a safe manner while performing job tasks
• Must be able to safely operate required hand/power tools, test instrumentation and equipment required by this trade
• Must have knowledge and be able to work on computers as required
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
• Experience with water treatment methods and procedures for cooling and hot water circulation systems, including testing of basic parameters, troubleshooting and repair of associated equipment.
• Experience in building automation control systems, navigation, and programming refrigerant compliance, new procedures and regulations
• ULT (Ultra low temperature freezers) experience
• Knowledge and understanding of chiller plant operations
This is a shift role, hours are from 11 PM - 7:15 AM
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement