Hospital/Federal Account Executive/Subacute Account Executive - Orlando, Florida job
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. |
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
Primary Activities & Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
The Hospital/Federal Account Executive (HFAE) leads the development and execution of Customer Account Plans with a focus on contracting and access for Merck products utilized in integrated hospital systems (IHS)/integrated delivery systems (IDS), Academic Medical Centers (AMC), and Federal customers (e.g. Veterans Affairs (VA), etc) within the assigned geography and accounts.
The HFAE serves as the primary interface (pharmacy line leader) for the pharmacy/supply chain customer within assigned accounts (e.g. hospital, IDS, VA or AMC) and is accountable for the customer experience with Merck.
The HFAE negotiates contract terms and conditions with the customer and collaborates with the extended Merck customer team to identify and pursue areas of mutual opportunity with Hospital systems based on better health outcomes for patients.
The Sub-acute Account Executive (SAE) leads the development and execution of Customer Account Plans and delivers clinical and contract messages, promoting assigned Merck products along the entire patient continuum with targeted IDSs, targeted hospital outpatient sites of care (HOPD), free standing outpatient alternate care facilities (MDO, ID or GI physician infusion clinics, etc), home infusion and Long Term Care (LTC). The SAE collaborates with the extended Merck account team to identify and pursue areas of mutual opportunity with these customers based on better health outcomes for patients.
The candidate selected for this hybrid position will have responsibilities as both a Hospital/Federal and Sub-acute Account Executive within the assigned geography and for assigned accounts.
The Primary Territory for this position covers North Florida and Central Florida; therefore, the 15% of travel required may be less, or more, depending on where a candidate resides in the geography.
Customer Account Planning & Management:
• Establishes relationships and maintains a pervasive communication network with the (Hospital/Provider/Systems) customer at many levels, including corporate pharmacy directors/VPs and corporate procurement personnel, as well as clinical pharmacists/medical directors in charge of provider networks, P&T, finance, financial directors, COO, and CEO.
• Within this customer segment works with other stakeholders (including account executives, account leaders, hospital customer manager and directors of commercial operations) to provide input on execution and decisions across customer targets within the larger geography.
• Accountable for Merck's contracted product portfolio within the hospital and integrated delivery system customer segment; works with other stakeholders (including HQ and field-based individuals internally responsible for therapeutic areas in acute care, chronic care, primary care, vaccines, virology, biosimilar, and oncology products).
• Develops Customer Account plans aligned with Managed Care and brand strategies over a short, medium and long-term time horizon. Solicits input from Director of Commercial Operations, Customer Team Leader(s), and other relevant stakeholders to develop and implement those customer plans and also assesses competitor position as part of customer account plan development.
• Able to articulate the value proposition across the Merck portfolio relevant to the hospital, system, provider group, or alternate care site.
• Identifies Hospital/Provider/System customer needs and, together with the extended customer team, develops appropriate/relevant offerings and solutions (resources, programs, and services) to address customer needs and maximize value for the customer and Merck. Understand the types of resources, programs and services available in order to customize solutions that meet the customer needs and is able to pull-through solutions.
• Represents the voice of the customer and advocates on behalf of the customer in securing internal Merck support for development and timely delivery of proposals and solutions.
• Coordinates and manages the communication process between customers and identified internal or external expert(s) and ensures customer needs are accurately identified and addressed
• Proactively identifies the internal and external experts needed to communicate complex clinical and scientific information to customers
• Based on customer needs, provides appropriate clinical support and knowledge related to Merck products.
• Communicates Merck activities that would be relevant to the Customer including promotional positioning (support of appropriate utilization) and/or physician/member quality and outcomes based activities.
• Utilizes customer account strategy to define the objectives of the customer relationship. Identifies, understands and can articulate the key drivers affecting the customers' business including the customer's long-term plan and objectives.
• Collaborates with the customer to identify and pursue areas of mutual opportunity, focused on access to Merck products and better health outcomes for patients. Implements approved resources, programs and messages to address customer and Merck needs.
• Proactively meets with (Hospital/Provider/Systems) customers to solicit feedback and adjust plans on a regular basis.
• Interface with Customer Managers and Contract Management, serving as the primary negotiator with the customer for product price discounts
• Develops negotiation strategy in collaboration with Customer Manager/Segment Director and the HCS Region Director
• Provides input on innovative contracting to meet customer needs and support better health outcomes
• Sells in Merck contracts to various relevant sites of care and manages contract administration issues (contract pricing, contract performance data.)
• Communicates actively with DCOs, CTLs and account team members regarding customer priorities, issues, and initiatives
• Coordinates with Customer Team Leader and IAM counterparts on a very frequent basis to ensure understanding of the customer's business issues and appropriately leverage opportunities to improve alignment between the Hospital system, Sub-acute care customers and other HCP/HBP customers (identify issues, opportunities and interdependencies between Payers and Providers)
• Understanding of the interplay of key managed care customers and regional stakeholders (Health plans, provider networks, relevant associations or multi-stakeholder working groups, state and local government, clients (employer and member)) to identify interdependencies and establish relationships with influencers that will impact the customer relationship and maximize customer value.
• Conducts business strategy discussions and performance reviews with key customers on a regular basis (plays a significant role in ensuring that the Director of Commercial Operations, and Customer Team Leader(s) understand the (hospital system and alternate care sites) customer's business strategy and pull-through required at the local HCP level.
Education Minimum Requirement:
•Preferred: MBA, RPh, PharmD
Required Experience and Skills:
•Minimum five (5) years' experience in Pharmaceutical Sales, Marketing, Finance or Managed Markets & Policy
Preferred Experience and Skills:
•Experience with hospital acute care and/or specialty products
•Familiarity with buy & bill products
•Effective account management & project management
•Effective communication & negotiation skills
•Leadership and executive presence
•Business & Financial Acumen
•Strategic Thinking and Tactical Planning & Execution skills
•Consultative Selling skills
•Knowledge of payer markets and their interplay
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
- AS&T Principle Analyst (ASPEX) Novartis Pharmaceuticals Fort Worth
- Computational Biologist / Bioinformatics Data Scientist Novartis Pharmaceuticals Cambridge
- Bioinformatics Scientist / Computational Biologist / Data Scientist Novartis Pharmaceuticals Cambridge