Lead Tech, Maintenance job in Worthington
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. |
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Directly involved in the overall maintenance, inspection, and repair of highly technical process equipment, facilities equipment and systems, and utilities within a Production environment.
• Responsible for prioritizing and executing work request assigned through a maintenance management system by a planner.
• Employee will document work completed on a work request to be entered back into the maintenance system.
• Routine maintenance will include preventive maintenance (PM), corrective maintenance (CM) on various plant equipment and process equipment.
• Perform root cause analysis on system failures and make necessary repairs to resolve machine and system issues, in some cases within aseptic/cleanroom conditions. Must be fit to apply cleanroom gowning.
• Operate efficiently, all hand/power tools, test instruments and equipment normally used in the trades.
• Willingness to perform work outside of the trade, including general maintenance duties as assigned by Management.
• Quality documentation utilizing various forms with legible hand writing is routine. Will need to be trained on cleanroom gowning .
• Must utilize basic computer skills and be computer literate.
• Safety requirements are strongly enforced within the work place and the employee must be attentive to his own safety and the safety of others in the workplace.
• This position requires varying environmental conditions, such as indoor/outdoor work, varying temp's including walk-in coolers and freezers and secondary gowning , Hearing conservation is required in some areas. Standing, walking, bending, kneeling, pulling, lifting and working on heights above the shoulder is common. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Will be trained on fork lift and certified for use of.
• Must be able to maintain a valid drivers license.
This position will work along side other Maintenance Mechanics servicing and repairing a variety of lab, production, process, utilities and manufacturing equipment in a GMP, USDA, EU certified facilities. Will need to obtain a boiler license and be on a rotational call-back every 7 weeks. The work shift is from 7:00 - 3:30 M-F. Will need to be gown trained to work in cleanroom environments as necessary.
The Mechanic should possess good communication skils and be a team player within the Maintenance department. Training on equipment and systems will be provided for new hire. Following safety and quality regulations is essential for employment. Ability to read and interpret blue prints and schematics. A willingness to be trained on new systems and processes.
Education Minimum Requirement:
• High School diploma or equivalent
Required Experience and Skills:
•Five (5) years of working experience and advanced skills in one or more of the following: Mechatroncis, HVAC/R, Electrical/Electronics/PLC's, or process equipment.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
•Associate degree in one the trades.
•Experience working within an industrial setting.
•Commercial/industrial experience within a manufacturing/production environment.
•Filler/Freeze Dryer experience is very beneficial.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.