Sr. Specialist, ITRMS VM Lead job in Branchburg
|Employer:|| Merck & Co.|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare . |
Leads the day-to-day operations of Vulnerability Management Team (VMT). Point of contact across the CFC for all needs relating to the VMT function. coordinate, monitor and support activities in the areas of the Vulnerability scanning across both internal infrastructure, external web and mobile applications, security patch and remediation management. Provide input, help prepare and update VM roadmap, develop, maintain and publish project plans. Prepare and provide detailed reports.
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Vulnerability Management team. Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Vulnerability Management team
• Develop close working partnerships with functional senior leaders to ensure Vulnerability analysts have the support, products, and permissions they need to accomplish their mission
• Provide quality control over team products; assist with drafting, editing, critiquing, and proofreading vulnerability management playbooks, policies, and reports
• Maintain an ongoing development of current threat intelligence and vulnerability analysis with an in-depth knowledge of identification, mitigation, and recovery strategies
• Provide threat analysis summations to leadership along with propose actions to minimize threats
Education Minimum Requirement:
• BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security, or Information System or 8-10 years of computer and network security experience
Required Experience and Skills:
• 3+ years leading a team
• Experience with leading a team responsible for performing compliance scans, analyzing configurations, as well as recommending hardening configuration settings for networks, operating systems, applications, databases, and other information system components
• Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP communications, common protocols, and applications at the network level
• Demonstrated analytic expertise - to include ability to think critically and logically in a dynamic, high-pressure, fast-paced environment
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
NSBE, SWE, NOBCCHE, AISES, NACME, SHPE, MOJO